Freezing

The only solution that makes this forum work on my PC now is blocking ads.

Its not great at the moment with seemingly a different ad issue on an almost daily basis and its something the gaffer needs to take up with the ad company because they cant get in the way of using and enjoying the site.

Yesterday i had an almost full page ad for buying a Ford ka rammed down my throat every time i refreshed or opened a new thread and its so fucking annoying. The last thing i want to do is use an ad block as the revenue from the ads keeps this place running but when they make it unusable, what can you do?

The only solution that makes this forum work on my PC now is blocking ads.
I have absolutely no problems at home using Win10/Chrome (64bit both) but have had problems at work with Win7 (64bit ?) and Chrome (32bit).
The solution at work was to uninstall the two instances of Flash via control panel and I also disabled the Chrome built in Flash. Go to chrome://plugins/ and disable the Flash plugin if you want to try this.

Edit: you also need to check that all your drivers are up to date which is possibly the problem at work as I can't check them without getting sacked.

That said (with all Flash instances uninstalled or disabled) I'm still getting freezes at work @Ric.

geo.moatads.com was one of the offending sites that it hung on.

Sorry about this fellas, it's as annoying for me as it is you. I'm away this weekend, but will flag the problem with the ad company. They are working on a solution that they've said should resolve these issues on a more permanent basis, so apologies for the inconvenience and hopefully they can get it sorted soon.

Sorry about this fellas, it's as annoying for me as it is you. I'm away this weekend, but will flag the problem with the ad company. They are working on a solution that they've said should resolve these issues on a more permanent basis, so apologies for the inconvenience and hopefully they can get it sorted soon.

Get back to the wife and New York...thats an order!

I have absolutely no problems at home using Win10/Chrome (64bit both) but have had problems at work with Win7 (64bit ?) and Chrome (32bit).
The solution at work was to uninstall the two instances of Flash via control panel and I also disabled the Chrome built in Flash. Go to chrome://plugins/ and disable the Flash plugin if you want to try this.

Edit: you also need to check that all your drivers are up to date which is possibly the problem at work as I can't check them without getting sacked.
Thx, I'll try it. I don't have any problems with any other sites/forums though, only Bluemoon.

I realise the site doesn't run on fresh air and the ads are a necessary evil, but I wonder if @Ric would consider a subscription option where for a nominal fee members could be free of ads and @BlueHammer85 'album of the week'?

Thx, I'll try it. I don't have any problems with any other sites/forums though, only Bluemoon.
Sadly, although the 'Shockwave Flash has crashed' messages have stopped I'm still getting the odd freeze at work. Strangely enough my home PC is fine although everything on that is nailed down and up to date.

I'm still getting freezes at work but I've got to put that down to the system here.

I've changed to Firefox at work which is working fine excepting for a false positive 'you're using an adblocker' message, there's none installed at all.

@Ric

For some reason, and this has only been over the last couple of weeks, my screen is freezing. Having to log off and back on again as I'm getting the 'blue circle of death' at the top. Bit annoying. Only happens for about 10 mins at a time, but happens quite regularly. Anyone else having the same problem. Could well be a deliberate move by the mods......!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.