Utd v City | EFL Round 4 | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly excited by the game anymore. Was hoping we'd put out a stronger team than that, esp. in CM.

Also fully expect us to get smashed.

I would have played our strongest team, but i don't consider for one moment he doesn't give a toss about the competition. We know one or two are not 100%. Curious as to who you would have picked

I would have played our strongest team are as near as damm it. The midfield in particular looks very poor. You need a conduit in there otherwise the front four will get little service.

Fernando and Navas do not help at all with ball retention. Once you have players not able to retain posession the system Pep plays falls down. Gundogan or Silva would have played for me to link the play between midfield and attack. Sterling is also on great form and also would have started on the right.

Your right I would not say he does not give a toss but based on his team selections this year it suggests the least important.

I can understand the rationale for this tournament (at a push) but it is a derby and the result affects people like no other. I think that should be factored in. It does make me wonder if he would play a weakened team such as this when competing in a Classico. Its not the worst team so I am still hopeful.

Last edited:
not bothered as we know some of those first teasers need a break....wba and barca are much moe important games.

win win situation if you ask me

So we draw with WBA (quite possible) qnd lose to Barca (probable) and get turned over tonight.....things will be looking good then wont they. Big big gamble by Pep, fair play if it comes off.

Sorry but this game really isn't very important. Except to Jose and the Trafford hordes.

win win situation

No one can suggest that we are not the under dogs here by a long margin

But they will, and will do everything they can to do so. The scum win and it'll be a 2 week wankathon from the media as if Altrincham have just beat Barca in a chumps league final. They certainly won't give any thought or mention of us playing with pretty much a reserve team. No matter what the result, the narrative will be wrote to reassure and comfort the scum masses.

Anyway, fuck 'em. C'mon City!

Edit - Actually seems Sly have mentioned us playing with a weakened team. Fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.