EDS games/results 2016/17

Really good performance that and plenty to be positive about. Nobody stood out as not being capable or looking like a weak link.

Particularly impressed with Dilrosun, Angelino, Adarabioyo, Fernandes & Brahim (except for his finishing).

On another day that could've been 5-0.
First half we battered them and should have scored more.Second half Pool were more at it and we lost the control we had but still well deserved.
I liked Angelino tonight. Still good going forward as he showed helping with the goal but his defensive stuff was good tonight. Right place right time with many interceptions and clearances.

I preferred Humphreys to Tosin tonight. Both good defenders but Tosin worried me a bit with the ball at his feet. Not all the time but a few times to often. How good is Fernandez this season.Great on the ball but regularly scoring key goals. Diaz is clearly not suited to playing center forward but still puts a hell of a shift in and gets more and more dangerous as games go on.

First half we battered them and should have scored more.Second half Pool were more at it and we lost the control we had but still well deserved.
I liked Angelino tonight. Still good going forward as he showed helping with the goal but his defensive stuff was good tonight. Right place right time with many interceptions and clearances.

I preferred Humphreys to Tosin tonight. Both good defenders but Tosin worried me a bit with the ball at his feet. Not all the time but a few times to often. How good is Fernandez this season.Great on the ball but regularly scoring key goals. Diaz is clearly not suited to playing center forward but still puts a hell of a shift in and gets more and more dangerous as games go on.

Fernandes must be next in line for first team action

Fernandes must be next in line for first team action

It's an interesting thought and you maybe right. There has been plenty of talk in the last year or so about possibles for a first team call up and Paolo hasn't often figured even though he is a huge talent. Last season he wasn't even a first choice in the 18's or above which did surprise me but this year he has really come into his own.

And we have another similar talent imo coming just behind him in Phil Foden. Two special talents and plenty of similarities in their play

It's an interesting thought and you maybe right. There has been plenty of talk in the last year or so about possibles for a first team call up and Paolo hasn't often figured even though he is a huge talent. Last season he wasn't even a first choice in the 18's or above which did surprise me but this year he has really come into his own.

And we have another similar talent imo coming just behind him in Phil Foden. Two special talents and plenty of similarities in their play

He's trained with the first team already (although lots of them have)

He's trained with the first team already (although lots of them have)
Pep can only be impressed by the likes of Fernandez, Diaz of course but also Foden and Sancho who have trained with the first team. It's great that they have had these training opportunities as well and much more meaningful than when/if it happened with Pellegrini.

Really good performance that and plenty to be positive about. Nobody stood out as not being capable or looking like a weak link.
Particularly impressed with Dilrosun, Angelino, Adarabioyo, Fernandes & Brahim (except for his finishing). On another day that could've been 5-0.

Agree with all of that.

Did anyone else think the ref was a complete tool?

Even as a neutral at the game, I would have to agree that he was an inconsistent tool booking City players for fouls/having a word for kicking the ball away but letting Liverpool players get away with the same offences.

Really impressed with Fernandez.Has got a real turn of pace which let's him glide past player's . Agree with other posters about Diaz . Not suited to playing with is back to goal but when he got the ball in front of the goal he looks different class .

To be honest I thought it was Humphreys who looked a bit off with the ball at his feet. Probably didn't help him that he got booked after being caught in possession in the first half.

Fernandes was great and just glided past players with ease.

The talent pile is stocking up beyond belief now and if they get first team minutes you just know that they're going to be good.

I just can't see any of the players we have at EDS and U18 level not at least having a professional career in football - even if it's not with us.

I didn't see last nights match myself but the write up from the OS and one from thisisanfield.com both tally so there's no bias from our OS.

https://www.mancity.com/news/eds/20...ool-premier-league-2-28-october/1477674502285
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/1...reds-suffer-first-league-defeat-since-august/

It's an interesting learning process for young Brahim at the moment playing in an unfamiliar role. He seems to be finally understanding what it takes to play as a forward and adapting his game which is all just part of the learning process for him. He was playing against the 23 year old, 6' 3" Tiago Ilori who has 41 first team appearances across various leagues and the 26 year old, 6' 1" Mamadou Sakho (280 first team appearances).

These quotes are from the OS write up:

'City's striker shrugged off French defender Mamadou Sakho and laid off for his compatriot Paolo Fernandes to fire home for his third goal this week.'

'Although Brahim Diaz, a diminutive Spanish youngster, up against Mamadou Sakho, the physical international centre-back, may have appeared a mismatch at kick-off, Diaz disproved that almost immediately as he beat the Frenchman to a header.
That gave City's striker the confidence to hold off Sakho throughout the evening, especially in the process of setting up the first goal.'

'Man of the match...
Brahim Diaz - Although he may have been on the periphery of City's dazzling form since his move upfront, Diaz was back to his beguiling best on Friday evening.
The 17-year-old linked up with his midfielders and wingers excellently and more than held his own against the international defence of Tiago Ilori and Mamadou Sakho.'

Damned impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.