City - Revolutionising Academy football

So let me get this right.

For around the cost of two Carlton Pogbas (excluding barbers fees), we've built an entire bespoke, state of the art, cutting edge, world leading, ability honing, character building, benchmark setting football academy?

What's not to like..? :)

Its quite wonderful how the club has very quietly,yet incredibly efficiently,gone about making a complete mockery of that opinion and prophecy.

City,pissing on chips since 2008.
City's academy gets non-stop praise. The criticism is that so few players make the transition into the first team.

City's academy gets non-stop praise. The criticism is that so few players make the transition into the first team.

I think that is changing though, Nacho is now established, Garcia coming on yesterday hopefully shows he will now slowly be bein gphased in to take a midfield berth once Silva cannot do multiple games, and Pep said himself Maffeo was considered to start but felt he was not yet ready to cope with the physicality of wba, so I would expect he will get his chance.
Also with the EDs and U18's topping their leagues, I cannot see the kids being overlooked in the future.

Give them time! A kid in the U11 side in 2008 would now be 19 max. Considering that most of what we now have in place was put there only 3 seasons ago there is a way to go yet.

I wasnt confining my opinion to the academy,it was a generic comment.

Regards your observation,the academy was never going to keep the pace with which the first team was setting - only now,with the 18's and below,are we beginning to witness the real talent and the fruits of our labour.
These kids have been brought up on the methodology and mentality that the club demands,they understand what is required and many have the attributes and quality that is needed - previously that hasnt been the case.

Expect to see more and more of our kids banging on the door,the only downside is that,given we now have such a wealth of youth talent,some undoubtedly will have to find football elsewhere - and,although slightly bitter sweet,even that scenario is a part of our success story IMO.

Good positive article.
We live in exciting times and our future looks brighter than ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.