Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing you may have missed mate, which the commentators highlighted, is that Pep was telling him to hoof it long as Barca were struggling with directness.

I say this but I must point out I'm an avid believer in being able to see more when you're at the ground.
I know that, I didn't have a problem with him hoofing it long, I'm saying he got it the wrong way round at times - hoofed when should have gone short and vice versa, it's no biggie we won. ;-)

I know that, I didn't have a problem with him hoofing it long, I'm saying he got it the wrong way round at times - hoofed when should have gone short and vice versa, it's no biggie we won. ;-)

Ah I see, fair enough.

I thought he did alright and gathered it well when under pressured. Did notice the odd kick out of play but I like him more than bravo!

Pep telling him to go long may have had something to do with the fact it was 3-1 with 5 minutes to go and it was after he fucked up a pass to Kolarov.

What he had to do he did well. He seems to give the back four more confidence than bravo as he is braver and more decisive. When he went direct/long with his kicking barca really struggled and we won a lot of second balls. Didn't have loads to do but clearly had those in front of him organised and switched on. Well done

Bravo is clearly our keeper going forward - and I fully expect that Willy won't be with us next year (not nearly good enough on the ball).

That said - Willy was hugely effective against Barca - and for the most part, his long kicks/clearances at least didn't cost us too much, and at times created scoring opportunities.

But... Pep doesn't play this way.

Willy gives his best and is a loyal teammate - but next year, I can't see him being in our side.

Willy is too good to play 3rd string and, given the way we play, cannot be 2nd string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.