Photography

Get a Fuji X series camera.... amazing pictures and they are great for learning about manual photography too... I have a Fuji X Pro 1 but I am due an upgrade to the Fuji X Pro 2 or XT-2

Very good cameras

Last edited:
@grunge I wouldn't describe 500px as a photo-storage place, as such, but I really like it. Photo's, on the whole, tend to be of a higher quality than sites like Flickr et al. You can learn a lot just by studying the camera setting of photo's you like.

I agree with @Bluemanc100 assessment of Fuji x-series, though I'm a Canon shooter, myself. Bought and x100 for my teenage daughter and she loves it.

"...not the nude kind!"

200.gif

;)

I do love a well styled photo with a great concept - like any art piece but there's many more things of interest than photography for me. Strikes me that for every great shot, there's a thousand shit shots you have to take and the value on photography for other people isn't anywhere near as great as say art or music.

Some pictures taken yesterday with the Fuji X Pro 1... taken in RAW with minor (a few seconds) playing with Lightroom.. As mentioned I am upgrading and you can now pick up a decent X Pro 1 body for a good price... or get the X100S or T which are both fantastic... all their cameras get you into using prime lenses but I predominantly use the excellent 18-135mm utility zoom (though it's quite heavy).. I have had a few of their lenses but now only have the zoom and a fabulous 60mm macro / portrait lens (the newer 56mm version even better)

We went to both cathedrals in Liverpool, we're not religious but they are both pretty stunning in different ways... Only £4.95 each to go up the Anglican's tower (not for those afraid of heights, the internal steps through the bell room worse than from the top for me) and the cafe does great food!!. There are a few pics thrown in from New Brighton as we called there for a brew and a cream scone...

Liverpool-247_zpshtxrxqtk.jpg

Liverpool-244_zps5gdl0rnt.jpg

Liverpool-219_zps09bdnzzi.jpg

Liverpool-216_zpsy92vep9x.jpg

Liverpool-252_zpsmqf64ptw.jpg

Liverpool-264_zpsgntiuors.jpg

Liverpool-260_zpsfrutmvap.jpg

Liverpool-283_zpsvursoxan.jpg

Liverpool-289_zpsdjyzapdz.jpg

Liverpool-296_zpsvxn0tgvu.jpg

Liverpool-299_zpsn80trbkb.jpg

Liverpool-301_zpstoslchau.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.