Yaya Toure apologises

Most great players have big egos, and without Yaya's ego city would have won very little for 40 years, even forgeting the FA Cup, he did it when it mattered in the vital league games. Telling his team mates he was going to score the winner at Newcastle and then delivering, just one of the occasions. No need for such a bitter thread aimed at a city legend.

I do wonder if this apology has been prompted even in some small way by the barcalona result?

Don't we (all teams) get to re submit champs league squads after Xmas/new year/at some point????? I do wonder if the is some bizarre tactic by Seluk to try and promo a "Well we/yaya apologised and the horrible cruel Pep has still left him out of the champs league squad" type of narrative.....He is capable of trying to manipulate at that level and has already shown what a low life he is so I wouldn't put it past him.....or is it an attempt to get Pep to actually reconsider him for the champs league squad

Could be wrong as Im not even sure we can re submit players but I thought I heard it somewhere before

I do wonder if this apology has been prompted even in some small way by the barcalona result?

Don't we (all teams) get to re submit champs league squads after Xmas/new year/at some point????? I do wonder if the is some bizarre tactic by Seluk to try and promo a "Well we/yaya apologised and the horrible cruel Pep has still left him out of the champs league squad" type of narrative.....He is capable of trying to manipulate at that level and has already shown what a low life he is so I wouldn't put it past him.....or is it an attempt to get Pep to actually reconsider him for the champs league squad

Could be wrong as Im not even sure we can re submit players but I thought I heard it somewhere before

Pep mentioning that he would have liked to have him available for the derby was the first serve in this little game imo.

Pep mentioning that he would have liked to have him available for the derby was the first serve in this little game imo.

so what do you think the outcome could be...do you really think we will see yaya play again?

i think he has something to offer still in small doses at times....he certainly isn't a starter but for 15-20 mins in certain situations he could be useful?

or is it just behind the scenes politics preparing for him leaving and all the bile that will follow from Seluk after that?

so what do you think the outcome could be...do you really think we will see yaya play again?

i think he has something to offer still in small doses at times....he certainly isn't a starter but for 15-20 mins in certain situations he could be useful?

or is it just behind the scenes politics preparing for him leaving and all the bile that will follow from Seluk after that?

I'm not certain exactly what Pep's response means, but because he says it's great for City & great for Yaya, then I'm assuming he means he's back in the squad, otherwise it can't be 'great' for either.

If that's the case, then yes, I think we'll see him play. But it will be when required rather than any kind of publicity stunt. So right now, he's probably behind Aleix Garcia in the queue.

But Yaya is more of a goal threat, so that could influence Pep's thinking.

We have the shitty fucking international break coming up & we don't know how many players we will be left with afterwards.

Having an extra great footballer added to the squad is good news irrespective of some of the malicious nonsense on here.

I'm not certain exactly what Pep's response means, but because he says it's great for City & great for Yaya, then I'm assuming he means he's back in the squad, otherwise it can't be 'great' for either.

If that's the case, then yes, I think we'll see him play. But it will be when required rather than any kind of publicity stunt. So right now, he's probably behind Aleix Garcia in the queue.

But Yaya is more of a goal threat, so that could influence Pep's thinking.

We have the shitty fucking international break coming up & we don't know how many players we will be left with afterwards.

Having an extra great footballer added to the squad is good news irrespective of some of the malicious nonsense on here.
Pep dodged questions about whether Yaya would start for us.

IMO - Yaya won't start in any meaningful games unless he presses - but Yaya lacks stamina/energy/desire to press - so I can't see that happening. I think Yaya is gone in the Winter window if there's any reasonable offer.

What/who motivated Yaya's Friday statement?
Did the club invite him to do so thus distancing himself from agent Seluk? This nicely leaves the ball firmly in *Seluk's (* 'who knows the situation' ... Pep) court as to the best future interests of Yaya.
Seluk was anything but conciliatory on TalkShite radio and in broadcast seemed unaware of Yaya's statement (which he openly criticised and distanced himself). What does that say about the relationship between player and agent?
Yaya is being afforded the continued opportunity to train fully with the first team and attend meetings as confirmed publicly by Pep and should rightly appreciate it.
If Yaya sacks Seluk I would welcome him back for the rest of the season albeit with some reluctance.
My feelings are that the sooner we remove Yaya type player antics and marginalise agents like Seluk the better for the CFG.
The club's fair and professional handling of this matter bodes well for the future of Manchester City Football club.

Last edited:

IMO - Yaya won't start in any meaningful games unless he presses - but Yaya lacks stamina/energy/desire to press - so I can't see that happening. I think Yaya is gone in the Winter window if there's any reasonable offer.

Pep dodges questions on whether anybody starts.

He's not about to promise Yaya a place in the team, in front of the media, when he's currently about 8th choice for a centre mid place.

If he did, he'd be a knobhead.

Player power is no more,mess with pep and the club and you are out,as it should be,i don't think we will ever get the type of players who used to take the piss ever again,we pick better characters now

IMO Yaya will not play for City again unless Seluk apologises which is the situation that Pep has clearly made to the media with the backing of the Club.
A better outcome would be Yaya sacking Seluk thus showing his statement is truly sincere. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.