New Kit Deal - Under Armour?

Being from the states..i don't really understand the "UA sells hunting gear so i won't support them" it's not like they manufacture GUNS, they make camo warm hunting gear...
-FFS Nike and how many other kit manufacturers run sweat shops for children in asia? at least that's a logical reason to be against a company.

If ya'll want to have a kit company without baggage...

Here are some "high end" companies to look at...
Dryworld
JD Sport
Errea
Joma

It will 10000000% be Nike, UA, or Puma.
-not Adidas cause of the RAGS
-not NB cause they aren't "big enough" in the footy world
-not Umbro cause they can't handle the scale that CIty functions at.

The hunting thing is because, to most in the UK hunting is a stupid barbaric past time so would rather not be in cahoots with a company that promotes it, and agreed Nike should have been fucked off because of their sweatshops straight away.

The hunting thing is because, to most in the UK hunting is a stupid barbaric past time so would rather not be in cahoots with a company that promotes it, and agreed Nike should have been fucked off because of their sweatshops straight away.

I know a number of people who rely on hunting to keep their families fed and predators off their livestock. Not sure you would want to call it a stupid "past time" to their faces. We don't all live in suburbia.

I wouldn't say most, fishing is apparently the most popular pastime in this country and a lot of fishermen would wear so called hunting clothing. In parts of the UK land there is Deer culling to control stag numbers, admittedly many are uncomfortable with the sport element of it but it would need to happen without the sport. I don't see UA producing hunting clothing as a reason to not use them, certainly not compared to the sweatshop argument.

I wouldn't say most, fishing is apparently the most popular pastime in this country and a lot of fishermen would wear so called hunting clothing. In parts of the UK land there is Deer culling to control stag numbers, admittedly many are uncomfortable with the sport element of it but it would need to happen without the sport. I don't see UA producing hunting clothing as a reason to not use them, certainly not compared to the sweatshop argument.

Me niether, was pointing out I can see why some people would be bothered, and tbf fishing over here is a bit different from the US idea of hunting, there was critisism of them with some of the faces of underarm in their promotions and had to ditch a hunting family.
If it's for genuine reasons fair enough, but for sport isn't popular to a lot in the UK.

If honest anyone but nike would do me

Last edited:
sorry i didn't mean for it to devolve into a pro/con hunting thing.
-just be realistic that most companies are likely to support, make things for, or manufacture in ways that some may not approve of.

So get the best possible product (material and design) from whatever company can fairly pay the club, and make merchandise readily available throughout the world.

sorry i didn't mean for it to devolve into a pro/con hunting thing.
-just be realistic that most companies are likely to support, make things for, or manufacture in ways that some may not approve of.

So get the best possible product (material and design) from whatever company can fairly pay the club, and make merchandise readily available throughout the world.
Agree it would be very hard to find a global company of any kind that didn't have some kind of link to something we might not approve of.

tbf fishing over here is a bit different from the US idea of hunting
I understand that, I just thought its a bit unfair to be against UA because they produce clothing for something we might not like. If people have an issue with any kind of hunting then it's the hunters or the law that allows it that is at fault not somebody that produces the clothes they might wear. But like you say I understand were those with a problem with it are coming from, especially with things like the bear spearing thing.

I know a number of people who rely on hunting to keep their families fed and predators off their livestock. Not sure you would want to call it a stupid "past time" to their faces. We don't all live in suburbia.
How would you feel about referring to them as rednecks?

hunting for protection amd for pest control and hunting for sport and recreation are complety different and no one has said different, hunting for the sake of it is stupid, huntong out of necessity if different.

I would say this boils down to a diffennce of culture between some parts of the UK and US(as we have still some people who believe fox hunting is ok).

Anyway this was about wether they are gonna replace nike and of honest if they make proper kits I would take them over nike anyday

Maybe unrelated but Dybala has blacked out his Nike boots as his sponsorship deal has expired. He is rumoured to be setting up a new deal with Under Armour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.