(A)Borussia Mönchengladbach

I was in the neutral section last year. Absolutely no bother at all. I walked around behind the stand with my City shirt on and no-one gave me a second glance. My seat was right next to a BMG fan (no segregation at all) who shouted for his team as I did for mine. We chatted at half-time and shook hands at the end of the game (which if you remember we won with a last-minute penalty). I never got the feeling that there was any liklihood of trouble and anyone going should have a brilliant time.

Bought a spare in block 5, Can anybody let me know if there was anything worth knowing for the tickets in that section on the email? If its the same as last year just an extra couple of seats to the left of the away section on each row. Also, Does anyone know what it was like when in the ground i was too pissed to notice. Might be getting another in Block 6 today so thinking I can just go in there with my block 5 ticket and group up on the 1 seat.

I was in the neutral section last season. It was alright actually. Their fans were nice enough, took time to speak to us etc. The stewards walked up and down asking anyone who looked a bit lost if they wanted to go into the caged away section, we declined and enjoyed the game.

German football is a country mile ahead of ours. The whole 'fan experience' is amazing and surprisingly you're treated like a human. Over here, even when you're in a family stand you're treated like someone who's about to woman slap the queen!

I'm not going this year, but a good tip for anyone going is to go to the ground early, buy a crate of beers on your way. It's like a festival before the game with everyone drinking and enjoying themselves. (If you get there early enough there is an aldi you can buy beer from, but it closes early on match days).

How does the free travel work?

Do you just show the match ticket to the ticket inspector on the train, or do you have to go to the ticket office at the train station?
Just show your match ticket on the train. I think it lasts until 1 or 2am.

I was in the neutral section last year. Absolutely no bother at all. I walked around behind the stand with my City shirt on and no-one gave me a second glance. My seat was right next to a BMG fan (no segregation at all) who shouted for his team as I did for mine. We chatted at half-time and shook hands at the end of the game (which if you remember we won with a last-minute penalty). I never got the feeling that there was any liklihood of trouble and anyone going should have a brilliant time.
We were in there as well like you say no problems, but some mates in the city corner said there view of the match was spoilt by dick heads climbing up the mesh at the front

Hi, staying in Cologne as well, what time trains are you taking on the day of the match into MG? I can't seem to book a return ticket online!
If you have a match ticket I'm pretty sure cologne is covered by the free match day travel so no need to buy a train Ticket

Cologne is outside of the VRR public transport system but you only need to buy a return to the first station inside the VRR rather than the whole journey. I cant remember the name of the station at the minute, but ask at the desk and you'll be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.