Paolo Fernandes

Having a nightmare today....looks off the pace and his tackling has been woeful...see their second goal. Let's hope he can improve second half.
Poor game from Paolo today but that would be his first of the season . Not at all sure he should be in the number 10 role as all his best games are when he plays from the right. Is that another mess up from Davis? First half I think we were as poor as I can remember but a lot of credit should go to Barca who were very good.

But how we didn't get a goal in the 2nd half and especially the last 15 is a mystery

He's been on fire and the award is well deserved. One weak performance at the end but his others have been top class and usually match winning performances

Three assists there for Brahim too, despite struggling a tad in an unfamiliar no.9 role. He's being useful at least, which is credit to his personality and talent.

Fernandes though thoroughly deserves it. Seems to have found his own in a no.10 role this year, really influencing games.

Three assists there for Brahim too, despite struggling a tad in an unfamiliar no.9 role. He's being useful at least, which is credit to his personality and talent.

Fernandes though thoroughly deserves it. Seems to have found his own in a no.10 role this year, really influencing games.

What happens now Nmecha is back though? Brahim, great as he is, isn't a 9. So now we have to shift Fernandes back out wide, where he wasn't playing anything like as well, or move Brahim on to the wing, where he's nowhere near as effective.

What happens now Nmecha is back though? Brahim, great as he is, isn't a 9. So now we have to shift Fernandes back out wide, where he wasn't playing anything like as well, or move Brahim on to the wing, where he's nowhere near as effective.
Nice problem to have though, we've also got Ambrose due back at some time in the (hopefully) near future.

I would expect Brahim to move from the 9 role and let a more natural number 9 in but for me he is the right choice for the 10 role. Personally not totally convinced Fernandes is a 10 whereas I think Brahim is but as said what a great problem to have. If we did play a fairly orthadox 4.3.3 the 2 wide front players need to be given a fair amount of licence to float across the front anyway and should never be stuck in one position. Similarly with Sancho the trouble they can cause with their skill levels means that have to come inside at the right times.

I would expect Brahim to move from the 9 role and let a more natural number 9 in but for me he is the right choice for the 10 role. Personally not totally convinced Fernandes is a 10 whereas I think Brahim is but as said what a great problem to have. If we did play a fairly orthadox 4.3.3 the 2 wide front players need to be given a fair amount of licence to float across the front anyway and should never be stuck in one position. Similarly with Sancho the trouble they can cause with their skill levels means that have to come inside at the right times.
Fernandes seems to be two footed as well which must make him a horror to defend against regardless of which side he's on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.