Is Manchester getting rougher (or is it just reported more?)

These things have been happening for years, there are just more and more people and due to better communication it's more widely reported. Other than a good hiding against Everton by scousers with City scarves back in the 70s ( I still want my scarf back you bastards....) never had a problem. Except Derby away, oh and Shrewsbury, and definately Leeds.
Don't forget milwall

Third spell here now and feel safe. Langley in Middleton was bad in the 80's and 90's but seems more peaceful when I visit the family I have there. I've also found Failsworth very welcoming.

Town also seems good. No packs of scrotes dossing around looking for mither.

I've lived here 28 years and never had so much as a fight. It's the way news is these days, it's not news it's money. Clicks on websites equal cash,and violence and sex sells
Agreed on the way stuff is reported now.
Next to the venue I work in Piccadilly Gardens is a cheap hotel. Someone tweeted GMP yesterday around 9ish saying something had kicked off there.
Nothing had happened to our knowledge but TAU vehicles, and patrol cars came and investigated, asked us if we'd seen anything and then went.

Funny, 5mins before Bobbies on the beat or any police response units come into Picc gardens, the local scrote dealers vanish (like they know when GMP are coming)
And within an average day some have a change of clothing.

So the scrote dealers either get a tip off from someone else located elsewhere or they actually give tips to GMP themselves whilst they conduct business elsewhere.

As a whole we live in a very safe area (greater Mcr)
But there are absolute crime ridden areas such as the gardens where I've regularly seen stabbings, dealing, prostitution (Czech/Polish girls working for English lads) , thieves selling stuff they've only just grabbed from Arndale,
Regular fighting and domestics.

One of the biggest problems is you.
Yes you if you are giving your small change to the beggars.
A large amount are not homeless.
Meet the genuinely homeless around 3am in the gardens when they are setting up tents and so on.

See beggars getting change off folk, they can earn up to £100 a day (no joke)
Soon as they got enough money they go straight to the chavvy scrotes and score their Spice.

So if you want to continue feeding the drug supply then fine give your change.
Better to buy them food instead!

If they got off the drugs they wouldn't fail the tests and be allowed to stay in the hostels.

Drugs are luxury items not necessities for sustaining life.

Ranting a little but when you spend 30+ hrs a week in the gardens it does become frustrating as many issues around there can be resolved simply by uneducated people stopping giving change to beggars.

It could be worse though.
A Brazilian lad I work with thinks our city is very safe and it really hit home how rough/crime ridden his home city is in comparison with Mcr.

agree its getting rougher, I live in heald green and what I saw just the other day beggars belief ,it looked like someone had dropped a tray of curry and rice and hadn't picked it up. this wouldn't of happened in my younger days.

think life it a lot easier nowadays, back in the day didn't matter where you were there was always a kick off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.