Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

North Yorkshire, north Wales and Dorset police all now investigating. Bournemouth in trouble. An ex Peterborough and Cambridge coach that has a name related to uniforms in football is in trouble. Coach at Newcastle too.

These are tweets from Jason Dunford:

He was the lad who did a piece with Daniel Taylor in the Guardian detailing how he fought off abuse from Barry Bennell and Bennell took retribution. He was captain of Whitehill in the 1980s. Guessing that 'Stewy' is Paul Stewart, who was abused by his coach at a different boys' club in Manchester around the same time. If it is Stewart then presumably that team was affiliated to Blackpool and explains how Stewart started his career there.

North Yorkshire, north Wales and Dorset police all now investigating. Bournemouth in trouble. An ex Peterborough and Cambridge coach that has a name related to uniforms in football is in trouble. Coach at Newcastle too.

There's been stuff in the press about the Newcastle coach in relation to an ex-player called Derek Bell: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/29/derek-bell-abuse-coach

EDIT - You did call that last week, of course. I'm just adding the story for anyone who wants to follow these events fully.

Last edited:
All part of the problem.
The media. The English media has been prurient for God knows how long.
It's all about power and control.
Check out that incredibly cynical sports page

More revelations in tomorrow's papers.

CydofZGW8AAy_Pi

CydoMbFXEAAmzmp

youth sex abuse
wonderkid footballer
brave England teenage cricketer

A complete absence of tact. I wonder how the two lads (particularly the scouse striker) feel about sharing the page with that story.
One for the family scrapbook.
Get the scissors son.

Oscar Wilde -- a long time ago. For Press and journalism read media

In old days men had the rack. Now they have the Press. That is an improvement certainly. But still it is very bad, and wrong, and demoralizing. Somebody — was it Burke? — called journalism the fourth estate. That was true at the time no doubt. But at the present moment it is the only estate. It has eaten up the other three. The Lords Temporal say nothing, the Lords Spiritual have nothing to say, and the House of Commons has nothing to say and says it. We are dominated by Journalism.

Most of the page 3 girls were barely out of school but it was OK...... wasn't it? BBC TOTP OK... wasn't it?

This isn't to say that it never existed before, see ancient Greece, but mass entertainment has democratised it and we are only just beginning to take account. What about 'droit de seigneur' as an example of exercising power through sexual abuse. I'm sure they always waited until they were legal. And I'm sure they never touched the sons.

Active paedophilia is an assertion of power because it's rape. There is no grey area in this kind of rape.

We have to look at how we get along with power. Are we powerless? Or do we have a voice? Do we allow the pursuit of paediatricians by the ignorant? Or do we take away their page 3 models?
What do you say Rupert, Piers, Conrad, Barclays and all the rest, Government?

Imagine the power these fellas must be feeling as these dirty bastards all now become the hunted. All these years must have felt like it would never happen but society has finally caught up with doing the right thing.

There's been stuff in the press about the Newcastle coach in relation to an ex-player called Derek Bell: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/29/derek-bell-abuse-coach

EDIT - You did call that last week, of course. I'm just adding the story for anyone who wants to follow these events fully.

No worries. I'm getting my info from a sports editor of one of the rags so anything I say on here will likely be in the papers the next day anyway. Bit surprised the Bell one took so long, must have been told to wait for legal reasons.

Practically every police force in the country investigating now. Guy in trouble at Newcastle, I have the name but I won't say, apparently makes Bennell look like a saint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.