Anyone here used a VPN on a custom router?

Yep I use an Asus n66 flashed with tomato and Private internet access, only ballache is its all traffic or no, I have a Plex server which I could do with being without being behind a VPN so I can get to my music whilst out and about. Other than that works well. I know you can use software to act as a router and direct traffic but never really looked into it yet.

Been thinking about this myself, might advise any family members using kodi to do the same... any idea when this snoopers charter rule comes into effect?

IPVanish looks a good one does anyone know of anything as good as that for a cheaper price?

Same here in fact I have an Asus router that lends itself to doing it but I don´t live in UK so maybe my ISP not a source of historical logging for authorities ?
However I already have PureVPN to allow me to logon to TV and radio football on sites in UK.

I noticed this recently and wonder if it is of any use for your purposes AG ?.

https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-setup-virtual-wi-fi-router-via-purevpn-software

Been thinking about this myself, might advise any family members using kodi to do the same... any idea when this snoopers charter rule comes into effect?

IPVanish looks a good one does anyone know of anything as good as that for a cheaper price?
Think it's in effect now mate
Yep I use an Asus n66 flashed with tomato and Private internet access, only ballache is its all traffic or no, I have a Plex server which I could do with being without being behind a VPN so I can get to my music whilst out and about. Other than that works well. I know you can use software to act as a router and direct traffic but never really looked into it yet.
How is your speed? I've read that most routers struggle to cope with a VPN and the drop in speed is significant

Same here in fact I have an Asus router that lends itself to doing it but I don´t live in UK so maybe my ISP not a source of historical logging for authorities ?
However I already have PureVPN to allow me to logon to TV and radio football on sites in UK.

I noticed this recently and wonder if it is of any use for your purposes AG ?.

https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-setup-virtual-wi-fi-router-via-purevpn-software

Thanks for the tutorial mate. Depends what country you live in really; if it's Panama don't bother lol :D

Speed in terms of the router is always fine, problem can sometimes be server you connect to, some if the pia servers are capped at 10meg.
Never get the full 100meg beat I've had is 50meg via pia

Speed in terms of the router is always fine, problem can sometimes be server you connect to, some if the pia servers are capped at 10meg.
Never get the full 100meg beat I've had is 50meg via pia
Cheers mate. I have Nord VPN and if I use a UK server i can nearly max out my connection; will have a look at the asus though :)

Asus or nighthawk the extra money for the nighthawk as the wifi range is top drawer

Yes I agree, mine is the RT-AC87U, not got fibre (or copper for that matter) to use the AC here in the rustic south of Spain but we get our internet and telephone via a dish connected wirelessly to a transmitter about 5 k away in the mountains.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.