Tosin Adarabioyo

I guess that explains the tweet he made Thursday evening......seems that was when the news was fed to him.

Given our need for a top notch centre half,he must really be impressing Pep,if this is true.

hopefully it's more than just a single game against Celtic.

All he said was 'month of opportunity ahead'. I quote tweeted it and said 'Tosin starting against Celtic confirmed' jokingly and he deleted it ha. It was pretty innocuous but he definitely panicked! Bless him. Haha. Did nowt wrong.

jaysus you love piling pressure on the kid, don't you? First declaring he'd be an England international in Sept, now this. Stop hyping him and give him room to develop.

Personally, I'd like to see him given a 3 game run and lets see how he fares, willing to take the loss if it means a long term solution in that position.

He has to play against Celtic. Plays well against Celtic and he gives himself the opportunity to start against Leicester, none of our centre backs are playing well, this is his chance to grab it by the horns.

jaysus you love piling pressure on the kid, don't you? First declaring he'd be an England international in Sept, now this. Stop hyping him and give him room to develop.

Personally, I'd like to see him given a 3 game run and lets see how he fares, willing to take the loss if it means a long term solution in that position.

Christ man, it was a joke and about ten other people had replied saying the same thing before I even had. Why is that my fault that he tweeted that?

I said he'd end up being an England player IF he became a regular for City, and that was because of the paucity of English centre-half options...

"If Pep uses Adarabioyo regularly don't be surprised if he's called up for England by the end of the season given the paucity of CBs. Obviously it probably won't (and shouldn't) happen, but I'd really not be surprised. He has the potential to reach the very top."

How is that unreasonable? Plenty of caveats there and hardly 'he'll be first choice for England by January"

Christ man, it was a joke and about ten other people had replied saying the same thing before I even had. Why is that my fault that he tweeted that?

I said he'd end up being an England player IF he became a regular for City, and that was because of the paucity of English centre-half options...

"If Pep uses Adarabioyo regularly don't be surprised if he's called up for England by the end of the season given the paucity of CBs. Obviously it probably won't (and shouldn't) happen, but I'd really not be surprised. He has the potential to reach the very top."

How is that unreasonable? Plenty of caveats there and hardly 'he'll be first choice for England by January"

As I said, the hype isn't helping. Let him come in, make mistakes, be benched or whatever happens. Don't crown him the next Kompany or whatever based on a solid performance versus Wigan or whoever. I rate the lad. He's about to get his chance. Let's make sure he gets a chance from fans too, before they expect Franco baresi. We all, myself included are too quick to hype these lads.

As I said, the hype isn't helping. Let him come in, make mistakes, be benched or whatever happens. Don't crown him the next Kompany or whatever based on a solid performance versus Wigan or whoever. I rate the lad. He's about to get his chance. Let's make sure he gets a chance from fans too, before they expect Franco baresi. We all, myself included are too quick to hype these lads.

Who crowned him the next Kompany or Baresi? What was written was fairly balanced and what you've chosen to read into it is hyperbole. Hardly twosips' fault.

Regardless, since when has it been a problem to get excited about our young players? What will happen will happen and won't be influenced by whether people of no significance overrate or underrate him. There is virtually no 'hype' other than some blokes chatting in a forum.

He was solid enough tonight, a couple of errors but expected given his lack of experience at this level. I'd continue to give him game time, even in the league as his performance was no worse than our other defenders have been this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.