EDS/Youth loans 2016/17

David Faupala, Ashley Smith-Brown, Thomas Agyepong and Brandon Barker are at NAC Breda. There in the second division in Holland. A shit team in a shit league.

The supporters are now turning against them, because they are 11th and expectation were much higher than that with 4 City players. It is off course stupid to blame 4 young players. On the other hand.......if you cannot make a difference in this division.......

On the other hand.......if you cannot make a difference in this division.......

Too right. Harry Kane didn't make a difference in the Championship, he'll never be able to hack it in the Premier League.

You obviously never seen a game in the Dutch second division, Domalino. Teams in this division would without any dought relagate out of League Two. Most teams have a budget of less than one million a year.

You obviously never seen a game in the Dutch second division, Domalino. Teams in this division would without any dought relagate out of League Two. Most teams have a budget of less than one million a year.

I have seen more Jupiler league football then I ever wanted to while trying to follow our loanees over the last two years, but the quality of the league is not really important to the point I was trying to make about loans.

A player goes to a loan and every possible obstacle to playing well is in their way. They usually go as injury cover not starters, the managers don't trust them because they're new and young and they don't care about development because they are gone in 9 months. They often go to poorly performing and poorly run teams too, because well run clubs don't rely on loans.

The other players don't know their style of play - which is often more direct and long ball oriented in lower divisions because of poor pitches which our lads aren't used to.

Then you've got to consider its their first time ever playing professional football, where results really matter to the players, staying up is the difference between a good living and not paying off your mortgage. The pace is faster the tackles harder the opposition more physical and the crowds really affect you. They're away from home or in a foreign country for the first time.

There are hundreds of reasons why players can do badly on a loan, and only a few of them have anything to do with the quality of that player. And the lower down the leagues you go for the loan, the more those obstacles apply and the less likely the loan is to be successful.

A good loan is in reality based on how much the player learns. It's like a footballing gap year, they see other styles of football, they taste a bit of the real world outside their premier league academy bubble, they realise what it means to not succeed at the top level.

And if we're really lucky they get used to the professional game's speed, they learn to deal with bigger players, pick up some experience of seasoned pros and come back better players for that even if their performances for the loan club get slated.

Last edited:
Read a report today that suggested Breda aren't impressed with their loanees,it seems they aren't performing as hoped or expected.

I have seen more Jupiler league football then I ever wanted to while trying to follow our loanees over the last two years, but the quality of the league is not really important to the point I was trying to make about loans.

A player goes to a loan and every possible obstacle to playing well is in their way. They usually go as injury cover not starters, the managers don't trust them because they're new and young and they don't care about development because they are gone in 9 months. They often go to poorly performing and poorly run teams too, because well run clubs don't rely on loans.

The other players don't know their style of play - which is often more direct and long ball oriented in lower divisions because of poor pitches which our lads aren't used to.

Then you've got to consider its their first time ever playing professional football, where results really matter to the players, staying up is the difference between a good living and not paying off your mortgage. The pace is faster the tackles harder the opposition more physical and the crowds really affect you. They're away from home or in a foreign country for the first time.

There are hundreds of reasons why players can do badly on a loan, and only a few of them have anything to do with the quality of that player. And the lower down the leagues you go for the loan, the more those obstacles apply and the less likely the loan is to be successful.

A good loan is in reality based on how much the player learns. It's like a footballing gap year, they see other styles of football, they taste a bit of the real world outside their premier league academy bubble, they realise what it means to not succeed at the top level.

And if we're really lucky they get used to the professional game's speed, they learn to deal with bigger players, pick up some experience of seasoned pros and come back better players for that even if their performances for the loan club get slated.

Jeez. I wonder what the actual success rates of players who go out on loan (in terms of raw data that can be tracked) is. The likelyhood of success just doesn't seem that good. Ntcham driving record seems to be more toxic to his career than his play. Denayer can't beothered in Sunderland. Byrne can't even get off the bench. There are so many factors that have nothing to do with competitive football that creative adversity for the players. It kind of reminds me of baseball. They have a draft of about 40 rounds and other players are signed internationally. They then go to some bum fuck town in the US where they have to adapt to a new manager, a new coaching staff and a new level of play that they have to achieve. No one cares about your personal concerns. You either learn to hit a 92 mph slider or you fail and are eventually released. Of the thousands of amateurs that player that sport, only about 10 per cent make the majors and only around 5 per cent have a significant career. Football seems similar.

I heard that man city will also cut the loan deal of the player Ruben Sobrino and re loaning him to Girona or Elche or Mallorca .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.