Sinan Bytyqi

Apparently he's back in Manchester because of an injury. Had a freelance journalist from Holland asking if anyone here knows any more about this?

I believe it is an ankle injury, he deffo misses the international break (no pun intended) but will probably be ok in a month. As this would then impinge on his match fitness and with the Xmas shut down in Holland, he will probably go back in the new year ready for the start of the re-opening fixture. GAE's opening fixture is Friday 13 January, nice one :(

City youngster Sinan Bytyqi has had his loan to Go Ahead Eagles cut short after doctors found a heart condition during ankle treatment. [VI]

No announcement will be made on Bytyqi's condition at this time out of respect for the player and his situation. [VI]

City youngster Sinan Bytyqi has had his loan to Go Ahead Eagles cut short after doctors found a heart condition during ankle treatment. [VI]

No announcement will be made on Bytyqi's condition at this time out of respect for the player and his situation. [VI]
Horrible news.

Strangely, last night my mates and I were explaining this type of situation that can occur with medicals/physical assessment in sport to several people at a party not familiar with conditions like Marfan Syndrome and other types of cardiomyopathy (several of us have the slender physiques that made us candidates for assessment in our youth). We were discussing how this is a unique situation for athletes as they could have devoted their entire lives to developing their skills, reach a fairly high level in sport, and then these disorders (that they could not avoid or foresee) are discovered which promptly end their career. There are very few instances of this type of innocuous but abrupt severance from professional path elsewhere—they generally involve disorders that effect your vision or motor function like progressive ocular degeneration in pilots or early onset parkinson's in physicians. The former actually occurred for my uncle in the late stages of his pilot training in the 80s, which was devastating for him. It is an unravelling that is very difficult to cope with.

I wish Sinan the best and hope that they find a way to continue with his promising career.

A very lucky find before anything happened,i hope he can continue playing
Hopefully it can be sorted maybe even for further football, makes you wonder though with all the technology and medical checks at the club that this wasn't spotted earlier in his career.

Hopefully it can be sorted maybe even for further football, makes you wonder though with all the technology and medical checks at the club that this wasn't spotted earlier in his career.
I'm no heart surgeon (surprised you there didn't I?) but problems like that (whatever the problem actually is) wouldn't necessarily show themselves early on. Asa Hartford was 21 before they found the hole in his heart, not that that stopped him from being one of my all time favourite players.

I'm no heart surgeon (surprised you there didn't I?) but problems like that (whatever the problem actually is) wouldn't necessarily show themselves early on. Asa Hartford was 21 before they found the hole in his heart, not that that stopped him from being one of my all time favourite players.
Fair comment but systems have moved on lots since Asa's issues. Anyway the important thing is it's be identified and can hopefully be treated.

Curious myself but I assume it's a privacy thing? Which is totally understandable and fair enough.

Slight hijack, any news on Erik Sarmiento, Lewis Blackshaw and Ash Kigbu? Seem to have vanished completely.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.