Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Joe come out recently and say in their first meeting after the Euro's that Pep told him he had reservations about him. Sounds to me as if Pep had his mind made up before day 1. I cant for the life of me believe that Pep didnt watch some of the countless CL games where Joe hadd single handedly kept us in games.

Stones has been more guilty of the blind pass and it has cost us 2 goals already he got lucky in another game as well hopefully wont do it again. Most keepers and Joe was more guilty than most, will kick the ball long without much direction, the majority of these balls end up with the opposition. When the ball is played from the back, one of the reasons for our high procession stats, and not fannied around with, it generally results in progression towards goal.
And when you look at the first goal, it came from a hoof upfield from Kolarov, which got returned with the midfield and defence caught out.

TotLl
It won't happen - and to be fair Joe wouldn't do any better with the shit going on in front of him. Plus we wouldn't be playing some of our better attacking football with Joe in net.

For me I was frustrated with Joe for nearly 2 seasons, his distribution decision making was shocking.

Sort the middle and defence out and we may not be having that many issues with Bravo

Totally agree.

Joe won't be back, we all know that, I would have him back in a hartbeat though, only my opinion but when our opponents get one on one with Bravo, I lose hope instantly, with Joe I aways expected him to do the business and invariably he did. These are not anti Bravo sentiments, he's here and I will continue to support him, I just think Pep jumped too soon, Bravo gets no help from his defence admittedly but one on one the defence helps no keeper.

Didn't Joe come out recently and say in their first meeting after the Euro's that Pep told him he had reservations about him. Sounds to me as if Pep had his mind made up before day 1. I cant for the life of me believe that Pep didnt watch some of the countless CL games where Joe hadd single handedly kept us in games.
I'm sure he did, but still chose to replace him.

Bravo gets no help from his defence admittedly but one on one the defence helps no keeper
It's the defences job to stop the one on ones happening. Yes Joe was better at one on ones, probably the best, but even he would have conceded some of them with the regularity they are occurring.
The answer is stop them happening in the first place and this thread then becomes irrelevant.

It's the defences job to stop the one on ones happening. Yes Joe was better at one on ones, probably the best, but even he would have conceded some of them with the regularity they are occurring.
The answer is stop them happening in the first place and this thread then becomes irrelevant.
Cant be having such sense on here, there would be no threads!

Couldn't agree more mate, just based my comments on what I'm watching week in week out.. We need a top defence big time, this one is not fit for purpose.

Maybe uniquely I have no problem with Pep selling Joe Hart (fantastic keeper but not a footballer), however I think that Bravo albeit a good footballer (for a keeper) is not of sufficient quality as a keeper for where we want to be.

And when you look at the first goal, it came from a hoof upfield from Kolarov, which got returned with the midfield and defence caught out.
That was my original point. I was replying to the reply :) Pep talks about the quicker the ball leaves you the quicker it returns and their first goal was a classic example of that, and the way that Joe use to launch the ball up field giving it back to the opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.