Manchester City youngsters humiliate rivals Manchester United

Like the comment regarding Rio's mastery of the English Language

21 hours ago
jimmyjet
I'd be amazed if the youngsters could discern anything intelligible from the Neanderthal grunts which form Riotalk.
What great advice, though. "You've got to find something within yourself." Thanks, Rio. Now we know how to win.

Like the comment regarding Rio's mastery of the English Language

21 hours ago
jimmyjet
I'd be amazed if the youngsters could discern anything intelligible from the Neanderthal grunts which form Riotalk.
What great advice, though. "You've got to find something within yourself." Thanks, Rio. Now we know how to win.

I found tons of stuff inside myself, often without the aid of a scalpel but City would still not make me a striker. I could have been Franny Lee but I had the wrong kind of stuff inside me!

He's a shoe in for a senior management position with such sage advice. Where does he get it from? He could also take to rewriting all orthodox coaching manuals. Why haven't England got him signed up for some sterling backroom psychological input. Little Fat Sam looks as though he could do with the injection of the odd brain cell.

Billed as an 'amazing team talk' for click bait on socials.

In reality it was a very boring, uninspiring talk that did nothing to rouse anyone in the room. I think he realised it was putting everyone to sleep and then made his swift exit.

9-0 though. Still laughing

Inspiring stuff......didn't we then beat them in the reverse game also (Vinny) 3 games before the end of the season, and go on to win the league ?

We all know how he handles defeat...
balotelli-wink-o.gif

Last edited:
I hate that Ferdinand speech. Somehow he manages to tell 13/14 year old kids that they should be ashamed, he offers no insight whatsoever and basically just embarrasses them. He's probably one of their idols and he just proceeds to make them feel stupid. Nothing motivational at all, just pithy, negative nonsense that's all 'look at me, look at me'.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with tough love and all that, but he could have at least ended on a high instead of dismissing them and basically just walking out when he got bored. The 9-0 was weeks ago too - he brought that up out of nowhere just to make some shit, demoralising point. Good one, Rio.

I hate that Ferdinand speech. Somehow he manages to tell 13/14 year old kids that they should be ashamed, he offers no insight whatsoever and basically just embarrasses them. He's probably one of their idols and he just proceeds to make them feel stupid. Nothing motivational at all, just pithy, negative nonsense that's all 'look at me, look at me'.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with tough love and all that, but he could have at least ended on a high instead of dismissing them and basically just walking out when he got bored. The 9-0 was weeks ago too - he brought that up out of nowhere just to make some shit, demoralising point. Good one, Rio.

This is why this country does not produce enough mentally strong footballers. They are too muddy cuddled. They lost 9-0, this isn't some stockport junior side who play for fun, they are preparing for professional football. He spoke well and his points were spot on.

If he is their idol then those words will mean more than the U14 coach.

And i hate Rio Ferdinand.

This is why this country does not produce enough mentally strong footballers. They are too muddy cuddled. They lost 9-0, this isn't some stockport junior side who play for fun, they are preparing for professional football. He spoke well and his points were spot on.

I get his points, but I disagree that he spoke well personally. I also think it was delivered badly - it was just boring 'look at me' cliches.

I highly doubt in Brazil, Germany and Spain and so on the kids are spoken to with language like 'you should be embarrassed' etc. Bollocks. They'll be a bit more intelligent than Rio and encourage a belief in the method and not put such a major emphasis on winning. Rio has absolutely no context in there and just comes in and says all that about a game weeks ago that they'd probably all moved on from. It's bollocks.

What a load of cobblers
Are you motivated to improve when you are embarrassed and made to feel insignificant in front of your peers by someone with the emotional intelligence of a jelly fish?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.