Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only criticism was his positioning when Sanchez picked up the ball for the goal. He backed off and gave Sanchez too much room. Other than that he grew into the game and his tentacles were everywhere. He is certainly an able substitute for Dinho.

Delivers in the big games. Even PSG away when he was largely to blame for their equaliser he stepped up and played well.

Last night, though, he was just another level. It's easy to ignore the defensive players but Fernando was an absolute beast. Seemed Pep had instructed him to go forward on occasion to, which he did well despite it not really being his area of expertise. Very little got past him all night and, now I've rewatched the game, I feel like he was mainly responsible for Ozil's complete lack of influence on the game. It's easy now to see why Juventus supposedly wanted him in the summer.

Despite the mixed opinions of him on here I'm a huge Fernando fan. He's one of my favourite current City players, and I will be very sorry to see him go when he leaves.

The ideal scenario would be if he'd transform to Gundogan when on the ball as yesterday there were 2 shockingly slow, lobbed passes to the right for Zaba and both were easily dealt with by the Arse defenders, but of course he's much more mature and useful than Aleix Garcia currently, and boy can he tackle. He nullified Xhaka and Coquelin yesterday.

That tackle that led to Sané's chance that Cech saved at his near post was brilliant, that was the moment that convinced me we might actually win this game.

Have not been a big fan of his but I thought he was excellent yesterday and looked so much more composed than previously.

Obviously formed a good base with Yaya - so well done to him.

2 very silly passes, but other than that great. I think he has been challenged by pep that he needs to add something going forward. Needs to move the ball a little quicker if I am being very fussy. However for the first time I actually feel he has another gear. I reckon he can increase yesterday level by 10%. Just needs to adjust his body slightly when receiving so he can be ready to distribute again and the weight and quality of passes will get better with a run of games.

Earlier in the season I felt that he was showing/ making himself available for the ball. Yesterday there was no sign of this from him.

Keep going nando

good to hear he played well overall,but he did fail to make any good defensive contribution on Arsenals goal ,firstly he could of picked up Walcott or he could of got between Walcott and Sanchez but he remained in no mans land for the entire move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.