Liverpool - post match thread.

If that is the truth, I don't think everyone who has drawn that conclusion stumbled on it by luck. I've thought for some considerable time that the players have been a bigger problem than the manager(s). I'm still not certain though where to rank them as a collective against the rest of the league: I think that in terms of technical ability our best 17 is probably still at least on par with the best but physically and, most importantly, mentally they come up short too often and that is why they struggle for consistency. What I am sure of is that we had an opportunity to take a squad that was definitely the best and widen the gap to the rest and ended up doing just the reverse. However, rather than seek to incriminate whoever over that, I just want the club to learn from its experiences and get the squad into the shape Pep needs.

I agree with a lot of this. People far too often blame the manager for everything when in the main it is down to the players you have at your disposal. Where I disagree is the point about widening the gap. When we could have done this financial fair play was being strongly enforced which prevented us from investing. I think a lot of fans forget this.

Pep is a good, no, a great manager but he can only work with the players at his disposal and at the minute the team is lacking more natural goal scorers. We have fantastic footballers and creative players but we don't have enough with a good eye for goal.

LOL, he owes us respect?
He's a grown man. It's a business transaction - we PAID him to play for us. He owes us nowt. 'Respect'? what a load of bollocks, he's gone - he can do what he likes. He can stick two fingers up at us for I care - it's irrelevant to us.

I suppose what grates about Milner is that as fans we treated him really well.
When he scored for us against Villa he respected Aston Villa football club by not celebrating.
Why didn't he extend the same courtesy to our club?

For 2 years he lied to everyone at City pretending he was serious about renegotiating a new deal when all along he was planning to pocket a large signing on fee as an out of contract player.
Illegal? No. Immoral? Probably not, we all act in our best interests. Is he a ****? Definitely.

I agree with a lot of this. People far too often blame the manager for everything when in the main it is down to the players you have at your disposal. Where I disagree is the point about widening the gap. When we could have done this financial fair play was being strongly enforced which prevented us from investing. I think a lot of fans forget this.

Pep is a good, no, a great manager but he can only work with the players at his disposal and at the minute the team is lacking more natural goal scorers. We have fantastic footballers and creative players but we don't have enough with a good eye for goal.

I haven't forgotten FFP and I don't think FFP prevented us from signing, for example, Hazard. I also think we could have afforded to buy Bale the season before he moved. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we have undeniably spent an awful lot since our first (PL) title win and it really isn't a stretch to say that we could have got rather more bang for our buck.

We'll have to disagree on that one. I don't see having the ball as 'control'. I see having the right tactics to achieve the desired outcome as 'control'. By definition, we can't have 'controlled' the game because we didn't steer the game how we wanted ( a win ). We just had the ball a lot!

So you see control as the team that wins the match. We will have to agree to disagree then as your definition of control seems largely dictated by the result. Again Liverpool's manager stated that their defensive performance was not a tactic.

Had Everton won against us at the Etihad after being one nil up would you have argued they controlled the game?

Granted we didn't threaten Liverpool much but I would certainly not argue on the balance of play that they controlled the game.

Looking back you know what the worst thing was? We were boring. Never thought I'd associate Pep and boring but it was.
I almost always watch the match a second time as you can analyse it that bit more. Can't even be bothered with yesterday. As you say it was pure boredom watching it.

LOL, he owes us respect?
He's a grown man. It's a business transaction - we PAID him to play for us. He owes us nowt. 'Respect'? what a load of bollocks, he's gone - he can do what he likes. He can stick two fingers up at us for I care - it's irrelevant to us.
The money thing doesn't bother me so drop that he scored against his former club villa at the etihad in the North stand didn't celebrate just put his head down last home game 2015 at the end blues were singing we want you to stay oh James milner never got booed on his return to the etihad last season scored against us at anfield celebrated fair do's to him but when surrounded by his teammates to turn to us and fist pump was shit from him especially after the abuse sterling got that night and he didn't get any if you were at anfield last season you would understand showed no respect to the blues who respected him

The goal apart thought we defended quite well also the players shown alot of fight trying to get back in the game bar kdb! Just too slow going forward and predictable or choosing the wrong option. For me we have to many players wanting to play in the same role we need 2 wide men not silva or Kdb either of them has to be dropped or yaya!

What the hell are you talking about? FFP? stop blaming that.

We spent over 150million this summer and the summer before we bought sterling for 50mill and kdb for 55m , never mind otamendi etc. There has been loads of money invested year after year.

Unfortunately we overpay for players and the youngsters all get loaned out. Even the youngsters we buy who are 21 etc we loan out. We have a guy on loan at fc twente who is the top scorer in the Dutch league and on fire, yet we have an out of Sergio under little pressure. We have the xmas run and our squad is threadbare because we pay our players to play for other clubs rather than our own. God knows who he is going to be playing on Friday in the fa cup but I would much prefer maffeo and other youngsters to be getting a game and giving some of our 30 year olds a rest and put them under pressure for their place. Unfortunately they are all over Europe so it will be the knackered 30 something's again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.