Centre back options

The rags have 'decided against' signing Fonte, according to the media. Which usually means he is going to one of the teams they consider rivals but don't want to appear inferior to.

But Southampton players normally sign for Liverpool, so it could be that.

Unlikely he's asked for a transfer without having a potential move lined up though. It would tick the boxes as an older, short term player to stiffen up the squad whilst transitioning to a younger defence.

The talk in the media is that Pep was happy with the options of Kompany, Stones and Otamendi in the summer, playing Kolarov there was never the plan.

Obviously Kompany has barely played, so I think either Fonte or Badstuber will come in as a short term to accompany Stones and Otamendi.

The talk in the media is that Pep was happy with the options of Kompany, Stones and Otamendi in the summer, playing Kolarov there was never the plan.

Obviously Kompany has barely played, so I think either Fonte or Badstuber will come in as a short term to accompany Stones and Otamendi.

Had Kompany been fit I think the whole defence, in a 3 or a 4, would have looked very different.

Had Kompany been fit I think the whole defence, in a 3 or a 4, would have looked very different.

We are a completely different team when Kompany is fit and playing.

You look at the best centre backs in the league, Alderweireld, Koscielny, Van Dijk, and Kompany is on a totally different level.

We are a completely different team when Kompany is fit and playing.

You look at the best centre backs in the league, Alderweireld, Koscielny, Van Dijk, and Kompany is on a totally different level.

3 years ago, maybe. These days we are simply the same team with a higher probability of using one of our subs early. :(

The rags have 'decided against' signing Fonte, according to the media. Which usually means he is going to one of the teams they consider rivals but don't want to appear inferior to.

But Southampton players normally sign for Liverpool, so it could be that.

Unlikely he's asked for a transfer without having a potential move lined up though. It would tick the boxes as an older, short term player to stiffen up the squad whilst transitioning to a younger defence.
According to Skybet. Crystal Palace are the favourites at 2/1, to sign Fonte. Rags are almost 3/1. Liverpool are 14/1. We are 25/1.
Fat Sam likes to do a bit of "tapping up"

What are the chances that we don't do any business in this window? Its clear what the squad needs and another setback to Kompany + an injury to one of the fullbacks could completely derail the season.

What are the chances that we don't do any business in this window? Its clear what the squad needs and another setback to Kompany + an injury to one of the fullbacks could completely derail the season.

No idea. As it stands it looks like we'll be sticking with our guns and hoping Kompany doesn't have any more injuries after Badstuber joined Shalke. I assume we'll be looking for someone else in that department if Vinnie has another setback before the end of the month though. The link to N'Zonzi has went cold, he's possibly signing a new contract at Sevilla. There was slight talk this morning about us signing Krychowiak from PSG, personally I don't see it though. There's been no concrete links to a full back despite Pep saying he may add one this window. But he said after the West Ham game that him and Txiki would be looking at any targets in the week or so they had between then and the match at Goodison, so we may see us linked to some players over the next few days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.