Everton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if serious....

He averages 3.2 aerial duels won per game, almost as many as Stones, Zaba and Sagna combined.

That said, he's still a distant second to the beast Otamendi who wins 5.1 per game on average.

FWIW I would play Kolarov over Stones but either will do the job if our attack turn up.

He averages 3.2 aerial duels won per game, almost as many as Stones, Zaba and Sagna combined.

That said, he's still a distant second to the beast Otamendi who wins 5.1 per game on average.
Thats pretty much what i was getting at.

Also,i cant get the sight of him doing the mannequin challenge while the Liverpool lad powered that header home.

He's strangely subdued for such a 'hard man'.

As i've said previously,we need to stick with a back four (the one at West Ham IMO) otherwise consistency and form will never be gained - this, unnecesary,rotation bollocks is also doing the individual no favours.

Thats pretty much what i was getting at.

Also,i cant get the sight of him doing the mannequin challenge while the Liverpool lad powered that header home.

He's strangely subdued for such a 'hard man'.

As i've said previously,we need to stick with a back four (the one at West Ham IMO) otherwise consistency and form will never be gained - this, unnecesary,rotation bollocks is also doing the individual no favours.

Worth noting that Otamendi wins more aerial duals than any other defender in the Premier League and is joint top for defenders in Europe too, in that regard. A savagely underestimated talent, our Nico.

I agree with your second statement to an extent, though I don't think Stones is consistent enough to start every game and play in every situation, he's too error prone and could prove to be an exploitable weak link. We'll see, but Bravo will be starting so the lineup won't be the same regardless.

Been impressed with Nico over the last few month seems to have found consistency in his performance.

I don't like the Kolarov and Otamendi combination. Otamendi continually makes huge lapses in judgement trying to win the ball and failing to do so and being left out of position. Kolarov equally tries to play the whole world on side at times by switching off and failing to pick up runners. The two of them never inspire confidence.

Stones still has work to do but at his age you'd expect that and I think we're seeing an improvement and Pep is helping him learn from his mistakes. His main issue is being a bit too soft when up against players like Costa, and Lukaku. I'd rather he kept playing though so he can show how he's improved on that front. He's composed on the ball and isn't rash, he doesn't dive in recklessly and he just needs to make sure he clears the ball and doesn't dwell on it too heavily.

He'll be relishing the chance to go back to Goodison and prove himself to their fans and I think it would be harsh to change anyone in the side following that performance on Friday. Same team other than the goalkeeper (and I'd be reluctant to make that change myself).

Looking forward, I think Garcia should be in that 11 ahead of Zabba because he can cover the ground more quickly and is a lot more effective with the ball. I'm intrigued to see whether the formation will get the best out of De Bruyne as well. He was very deep and in the periphery for much of the game against West Ham. Though credit too him for being so disciplined defensively.

Can Vinny not play?

He will have been training with the group for over three weeks by the Everton match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.