Everton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Vinny not play?

He will have been training with the group for over three weeks by the Everton match.
I don't think he will start there or spurs,2 really difficult games where we can't use up a sub if he has to go off,too much disruption to the back in what will be hard enough games

I don't think he will start there or spurs,2 really difficult games where we can't use up a sub if he has to go off,too much disruption to the back in what will be hard enough games
Massive for us if he can stay fit till the end of the season huge ask of course

Can Vinny not play?

He will have been training with the group for over three weeks by the Everton match.
Not sure I'd play him even if he was fit at this point. I believe it has a detrimental impact on the team to have a constantly changing backline, and every time he gets injured we have to return to life without him. I think we need to take a long time, give him minutes, but don't start him unless we really think he's over his injuries.

Worth noting that Otamendi wins more aerial duals than any other defender in the Premier League and is joint top for defenders in Europe too, in that regard. A savagely underestimated talent, our Nico.

I agree with your second statement to an extent, though I don't think Stones is consistent enough to start every game and play in every situation, he's too error prone and could prove to be an exploitable weak link. We'll see, but Bravo will be starting so the lineup won't be the same regardless.
King Ota is grossly underrated in these parts. Grossly underrated :( He gets no real love. Every other game someone claims "he was Impressive today." I always laugh when I see that line. Coz it's meant to be limiting. Then the next week, the same line is repeated. Until a week where he does something bad and the comments then revert back to "Ota is so error prone, or too rash."

Notice how the first comments are limited to the game while the latter one is generalized. An easy test for bias. You limit what doesn't agree with your opinion and generalize what does.

I laugh every week it's like rinse and repeat on the Ota thread.

City's best defender since he arrived, Nicolas Otamendi. And no one is close. Sagna 2nd because of his consistency. But Ota is everything. Decisive, hardworking, tackles, fights, cheats ( or tries to), takes charge of the ball, never shirks duties, almost never injured, always present. And stops on average 3 goal bound opportunities a game. And yes he makes some bone headedplays every now and then.

But for fuck sake, for all the positives he brings, I'll have him on my team any day of the week, and twice on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.