The "Im offended/outraged" culture these days

CTID1988

Tom Hiddleston has had to write a long apology on Facebook apologising for his Golden Globes acceptance speech after causing "outrage". This is what he said that caused offence...

"One night... a group of doctors and nurses wanted to say hello... because they had binge-watched The Night Manager," he continued.
"The idea that we could provide some relief and entertainment for the people who... are fixing the world in the places it is broken made me immensely proud.""

What is going on these days, why do people seem to be in a rush to get offended? Its madness.
I can see absolutely nothing wrong in what he said there but apparently the offensive bit is about them "binge watching" his show. Whenever anything happens its like a challenge to see who can be the most offended, offense seems to now equal morals.

I'm sure it's always been the same but now people have a stage to voice their outrage.

The outrage at those outraged does make me laugh though. Seems people fall over themselves these days to be outraged by the outrage these days, if you get my drift.

Tom Hiddleston has had to write a long apology on Facebook apologising for his Golden Globes acceptance speech after causing "outrage". This is what he said that caused offence...

"One night... a group of doctors and nurses wanted to say hello... because they had binge-watched The Night Manager," he continued.
"The idea that we could provide some relief and entertainment for the people who... are fixing the world in the places it is broken made me immensely proud.""

What is going on these days, why do people seem to be in a rush to get offended? Its madness.
I can see absolutely nothing wrong in what he said there but apparently the offensive bit is about them "binge watching" his show. Whenever anything happens its like a challenge to see who can be the most offended, offense seems to now equal morals.

I have no idea what was offensive there. Mind you, I've never watched the programme so it might be fucking awful.

No different to how it used to be, there has always been the Mary Whitehouse types, actively looking for things to offend them, just now with social media they have the platform and bandwagon to push their moral beliefs on to others.

I don't think this story was to do with people being "offended". People just thought he sounded like a bit of a self indulgent tosser more than anything. You say he "had" to apologise but i'm not aware of anyone demanding an apology from him or saying they were offended. He just made himself sound like a bit of a wally, people have ripped him for it and he's chosen to apologise/clarify his comments because he's embarrassed about it.

Always made me laugh back in the day when people went to watch Bernard Manning and then said how offended they were by his jokes...

Always made me laugh back in the day when people went to watch Bernard Manning and then said offended they were by his jokes...

x3FsAD5D.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.