EDS Derby - City win 3-1

Some excellent football played last night, we look very very comfortable on the ball, always looking for the forward pass and we ripped them to bits down both flanks, Sancho is frighteningly good for his age, we mirror the first team though in wasted chances in front of goal, its seems to be problem running through the club perhaps, is it a recruitment issue or all part of the masterplan ie goalscorers from the front 3 /4 positions instead of one out and out goalscorer?

Either way we look great at all levels at the club but where will the likes of Sancho and Brahim end up?

The one thing just missing at the moment is the 'last jiggle'! Look at Messi and he will round the last defender and score. I've seen a good number where Brahim has had the ball nicked at the last minute. He's got more potential than I think I have seen in any City kid, but potential is one thing and reality another. He's tailor-made for David Silva's place. Merlin just needs to hang on in there for a couple of more seasons . . . . . . .!

I only caught the last 35 minutes or so, but was impressed enough by how we economically controlled it. particularly the last 20 minutes or so.
Once we went 3-1 up it was over and done and United didn't look like they relished running around after the ball for the remainder.

I agree about Diaz. He is impressively skillfull but in the few games I've seen of him and the bit I saw last night, he did get muscled out of it a few times in the box.
Don't forget how young the likes of him and Sancho are though compared to what they are playing.
Sancho was desperately unlucky not to get on the score sheet, creating panic down the left everytime he ran at them.
Fernandes impressed me also. I had heard a bit about him but it's the first real look I got of him.
Made the first for Diaz and made and scored the third himself. He put it away very clinically.

There were a few minor issues at the back that kind of mirrored the first team at the moment. What I noticed is that we did stand off a bit at times,
but on the otherhand we didn't dive in we stayed on our feet. Angus handled anything put his way very comfortably.

I found it quite enjoyable and am impressed that such a young squad at U23 are second in the league.
IT is encouraging, maybe even more impressive than our U14-16's hammering their age groups.
However if the likes of Sancho, who I think is a super prospect and Diaz do not find their way into our first team at some point in the future,
then our academy will be failing somehow.

I only caught the last 35 minutes or so, but was impressed enough by how we economically controlled it. particularly the last 20 minutes or so.
Once we went 3-1 up it was over and done and United didn't look like they relished running around after the ball for the remainder.

I agree about Diaz. He is impressively skillfull but in the few games I've seen of him and the bit I saw last night, he did get muscled out of it a few times in the box.
Don't forget how young the likes of him and Sancho are though compared to what they are playing.
Sancho was desperately unlucky not to get on the score sheet, creating panic down the left everytime he ran at them.
Fernandes impressed me also. I had heard a bit about him but it's the first real look I got of him.
Made the first for Diaz and made and scored the third himself. He put it away very clinically.

There were a few minor issues at the back that kind of mirrored the first team at the moment. What I noticed is that we did stand off a bit at times,
but on the otherhand we didn't dive in we stayed on our feet. Angus handled anything put his way very comfortably.

I found it quite enjoyable and am impressed that such a young squad at U23 are second in the league.
IT is encouraging, maybe even more impressive than our U14-16's hammering their age groups.
However if the likes of Sancho, who I think is a super prospect and Diaz do not find their way into our first team at some point in the future,
Diaz displayed plenty of strength last night, especially in build up play,quite often two or three would converge on him....And he came away with the ball or got the pass away,have no concerns, he's a strong, determined bugger.
As for the 3rd goal,it was Brahim who got his foot in and won it,for Paulo to do the rest;-)

Diaz displayed plenty of strength last night, especially in build up play,quite often two or three would converge on him....And he came away with the ball or got the pass away,have no concerns, he's a strong, determined bugger.
As for the 3rd goal,it was Brahim who got his foot in and won it,for Paulo to do the rest;-)
I like Diaz, he's always looking for the ball and hates losing it. I think one or two times he tends to overplay a bit but that's not a big problem at his age. I'd much rather see that sort of hunger in a young player.

Was pretty sure Fernandes mugged the united No.2 on the edge of the box turned head for goal and shot.
No matter really. I take your point about Diaz. I'd have no concerns at all. he seems to get picked out for double and triple marking at any level I've seen him.
He is exceptionally tricky to get off the ball. I think his confidence in his ability sometimes takes him into blind alleys, but what a prospect and it would be
criminal negligence if he or Sancho, who I also think is the kind of player that gets you up out of your seat, don't get a chance at City.

Of course getting a chance and taking a chance are two different things, but I would be hugely dissappointed not to see these become regulars in the future.

You only need to watch these kids once and you can see why the likes of MANUre are bleating on about our scouting. I suspect that the so-called 'Class of 92' was similarly recruited but then the boot was on the other foot so that made it alright. Was that Nicky Arse running the show for the Rags last night? He won't like what he's seeing when our kids start playing!

Is Diaz as two-footed as that video suggests, or am I just mistaken? I thought he was right footed (?), but all his highlights are left footed there & he looks very comfortable on it. Watch the youth guys when I can but never really focused on which foot he prefers until this game.

Best comment is 'Typical soft City surrounding the ref!'
Seriously some of their first team players run further chasing the ref than the ball!!!!!!!!!
Typical City our lad just hopped around a bit, imagine what a raggy player would have done had he been caught, they all learn from Phil 'the face'.

Is Diaz as two-footed as that video suggests, or am I just mistaken? I thought he was right footed (?), but all his highlights are left footed there & he looks very comfortable on it. Watch the youth guys when I can but never really focused on which foot he prefers until this game.
I initially thought he was right footed when I first saw him play but I think he's actually left footed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.