Leeds United 2016/17 thread

I mentioned our Franny, all 5 foot 7 of him sending Hunter (6 foot something) backwards and down in an earlier post. If it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it. More hard players and deliberate foulers in those days. Even commentators didn't criticise 'em. 'Professional foul' they used to say as though it was perfectly acceptable.
And now we have commentators making excuses for players being soft wankers.

'Oh, if you look closely you'll see there was contact'
'Yes, he has the right to go down there'

And now we have commentators making excuses for players being soft wankers.

These days a player catches a 12.5 stone opponent with the back of the hand with no force and they go down, scream like babies and occasionally defy the laws of gravity (Ashley Young). I've seen 18 stone RU players run straight at 13 stone Jonny Wilkinson and he usually absorbed the shock and stayed upright - only hit the ground after trying to remain on his feet. Zaba's the most robust player in the Prem - could have played in any era.

Anyone else notice Lineker was at pains to indicate that this doesn't apply to City (Zabaletta at West Ham) as "Its a contact game".
Yet strangely when discussing Ferghouli's alleged foul (Clichy I think after he missed an open goal) mere contact was allegedly sufficient for a penalty.

Oh good no double standards there then!

Lineker is beginning to royaly piss me off the goaty bearded twat!

Anyone else notice Lineker was at pains to indicate that this doesn't apply to City (Zabaletta at West Ham) as "Its a contact game".
Yet strangely when discussing Ferghouli's alleged foul (Clichy I think after he missed an open goal) mere contact was allegedly sufficient for a penalty.

Oh good no double standards there then!

Lineker is beginning to royaly piss me off the goaty bearded twat!
Crisp munching big eared twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.