The "Im offended/outraged" culture these days

x3FsAD5D.jpeg

I've watched audiences in a Frankie Boyle gig and they seem to be squirming in their seats. He is pretty near and beyond the knuckle but if yer buy a ticket for a Frankie Boyle show then, just the same with Bernard M, yer knew what yer were getting. The same with these knobs who complain about tv programmes that show violence, nudity and sexual imagery. Don't fuckin' watch! I get pissed off with the comments from all programmes, often at the beginning, that this snippet might cause offence. As soon as yer hear that, turn off, turn over or just fuck off!

I work with a guy who seems to make a point of jumping on every band wagon and letting everyone know how offended he is.

Majority of people think he's a mard arse and avoid him nowadays.

Is there anyone on BM who is easily offended? Yer needed to define easily and then offended!
I didn't define it, but some people got the gist. Without wanting to offend anyone suffering memory loss, I don't remember exactly, but I think quite a few signed up and there was some offence taken as the thread developed. Then again, without wanting to cause offence to those suffering from constipation, I could be full of shit. I seem to recall being amused at those that got offended, without wanting to cause offence to those that did.

In Work today I simply said none of my mates would work here as I have told them that most of the current staff are idiots

My boss was offended. Even more so when I told her she just proved my point

I was mortally offended earlier when my youngest grandson dropped his guts in the back of the car, wouldn't own up to it, and I got the blame. Cheeky little get should be more like his brother, he's happy to claim them even if he hasn't done them.

He might well be a nice guy. I mean I guess it was nice of him to actually go to those places and meet those people in the first place. He'd probs have just been better off styling it out, accept the piss taking and had a bit of a laugh at himself.

Quite.

Can I point out that I'm offended by use of the phrase 'styling it out'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.