Sagna fined 40K for social media post.

But the fact is, it's appeared in all the papers and on all the sports channels. It might be futile and achieve absolutely nothing but it is a start. Pretending he didn't mean it (as opposed to apologising for doing it) would be a backward move, in my view, that's all.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I hadn't really thought about it in that regard.

But the fact is, it's appeared in all the papers and on all the sports channels. It might be futile and achieve absolutely nothing but it is a start. Pretending he didn't mean it (as opposed to apologising for doing it) would be a backward move, in my view, that's all.
Agreed, we have to highlight this shit. I would even say he could come out and out and out actually say the referee was so poor it came across as bias. Call a spade a spade, if he gets banned or misses games so be it, we can afford 2 or 3 games, but the club should be fighting dirty and clever against a dirty FA.

I totally agree with your view on this.

Considering that the FA will do whatever they want in this matter, he might as well have stuck to his original stance. As you rightly point out, the media are aware of this case so it is out in the open anyway.

If he gets a ban, the club could then formally launch an appeal based upon precedence , which again brings more media attention to the matter.

The bent cnuts need calling out - Mason especially .

If he elaborated, wouldn't he just get sued/have book thrown at him & it would encourage the authorities to dispose of any evidence that Could be involuntarily revealed at a later date

I totally agree with your view on this.

Considering that the FA will do whatever they want in this matter, he might as well have stuck to his original stance. As you rightly point out, the media are aware of this case so it is out in the open anyway.

If he gets a ban, the club could then formally launch an appeal based upon precedence , which again brings more media attention to the matter.

The bent cnuts need calling out - Mason especially .
They do need calling out. Because, if they're not bent (and I'm one of those who thinks they're generally not), their sheer levels of incompetence are sometimes staggering.

The biggest scandal, if there be a scandal, in all this, is that the FArce have the brass neck to charge Baccers with impugning the integrity of the official and bringing the game into disrepute. It's laughable. The minute Taylor and Mason walk onto a football pitch with a whistle instead of a lawnmower we can forget about integrity and simply wait a moment or two for the game to fall into disrepute - foul on Aguero by Luiz? Where's the integrity in that? The incident is disreputable. As for Mason? He's another one-sided bandit! Neither should be anywhere near a pitch at Hough End, let alone the PL. The game is crying out for a full explanation by referees to see how far they can strangle the English language and mock the Laws of the Game in attempting to explain some of those decisions.

The most annoying part of this is the media/podcasts referring only to the red when discussing Sagna's post.

It was about the only decision he got right, it was all the 50/50s and foul against silva that Mason got wrong but that is completely ignored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.