Sagna fined 40K for social media post.

Hopefully the precedent with managers being fined for questioning referees' integrity will work in Sagna's favour.

Is it likely that our owners non public seemingly low key defence of any obvious attack on his purchase of City have any bearing on a similar expectation for his employees ?

Incidentally the FA charge is that he ´questioned the integrity of the match official´, so is there a correct procedure for that suggestion ?
Maybe the FA simply trust their appointment implicitly whatever the misdeed and whatever the consequences and any suggestion of that occurring is simply not tolerated. That is of course well apart from any bias possibility.

I am simply ignorant of the rules

It's probably a bit too soon to say if this is true or not, but I think the Burnley game will be the turning point, so any size fine or even a game's suspension would be worth it.

Sagna's post showed how the players felt, Pep had his strop because he felt the players weren't getting credit, and then his pre-West Ham press conference he came out really strongly in defence of them.

For a few weeks it felt like everyone was getting frustrated, but now it feels like they're all united as a group, and then the match against West Ham they were fluent and confident in what they were doing for the first time in weeks.

It's obviously extremely premature to call it a turning point, but it feels like it could be one, and if we can get a decent result vs. Everton I'll start believing.

I agree, it seems from a non City perspective it has had the undesirable effect of catalysing all the change variables that we as supporters, Pep and the players want to achieve. Strange thing how a sense of ill justice focuses a team, FA and media please note.

Sagna writes something on social media and gets called out for it, Rojo puts in two career ending tackles and on we go......seems about right.

He should have just said having Bravo in net is like giving the opposition another player, that it wasn't aimed at the refereeing.

We pay the relatively piffling fine and move on.

My admiration for Bacary just goes up a few more notches after this, an absolute model pro, incredible levels of fitness and commitment for a player soon turning 34, in such a demanding position and clearly still as passionate as ever in the last six months of his contract.

Well said Sagna, it needed bringing to public attention once again. How long is it before Fa is run correctly, referee's situation reviewed. Players should have a whip round for the fine as it is something they all wanted to say.

Anyhow couldnt sagna just appeal and say it was a mis-type hence he withdrew the comment, it was meant to say 11 against 10 not 12 against 10, finger slipped on the keyboard. We all make mstakes !
He could yes, but if he did then it would take away the opportunity to actually have his say about the corrupt bastard. Just marking out the wall for free kicks he paced 8 for our and 12 for Burnley's

He could yes, but if he did then it would take away the opportunity to actually have his say about the corrupt bastard. Just marking out the wall for free kicks he paced 8 for our and 12 for Burnley's

I've noticed this 'pacing out' of late and it seems to me that refs use 'Imperial' for our free kicks, thats 10 feet, not even yards, and "Metric' for the oppo free kicks (metres!). They need a piece of string ten yards long with a nail at one end to anchor into the ground - free kick over and they can retrieve the equipment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.