Israeli diplomat scandal, why isn't this headline news..?

It got more coverage than the four young trainee soldiers killed by a terrorist who drove a truck into them.
That reminds me of the ITV news coverage the morning after it happened. The rolling text at the bottom of the screen made it sound like the driver was caught and summarily executed after the event rather than killed during it to stop him, implying that the Israelis did something wrong.

He makes an interesting point.

Can you Imagine the furore if these were agents of say, Russia, or Iran?
We've expelled loads of Russians for spying, which includes blackmailing and bribing British politicians. Years ago, the Yanks tried to effectively mount a coup inside MI5 and grab control of it. And there was the plot to undermine and smear Harold Wilson, which was supposedly backed by Mountbatten. The NSA intercepted calls on Angela Merkel's mobile phone (and you can bet they did the same with others).

All major countries look to subvert or undermine politicians in other countries who they deem to be hostile to them. Masot's crime was getting stung and publicly shamed.

It got more coverage than the four young trainee soldiers killed by a terrorist who drove a truck into them.
Very true, but in fairness while I'm sure that would have been the main news story in isreal the thing in the op was UK news so would naturally get more coverage.
I don't write Galloway off as an idiot like many do here. Despite the big brother nonsense he's a very clever man, but although he knows his stuff on the middle east he can't really be seen as an unbiased commentator.

We've expelled loads of Russians for spying, which includes blackmailing and bribing British politicians. Years ago, the Yanks tried to effectively mount a coup inside MI5 and grab control of it. And there was the plot to undermine and smear Harold Wilson, which was supposedly backed by Mountbatten. The NSA intercepted calls on Angela Merkel's mobile phone (and you can bet they did the same with others).

All major countries look to subvert or undermine politicians in other countries who they deem to be hostile to them. Masot's crime was getting stung and publicly shamed.

All very true but I do suspect if this had been an Iranian diplomat gifting £1m to a labour MP and promising to "bring down" a pro-Israel Tory we would have made much more of it.

The Wilson story is an interesting one which I've heard before. And I wouldn't put anything past Mountbatten, he was one evil evil bastard.

Very true, but in fairness while I'm sure that would have been the main news story in isreal the thing in the op was UK news so would naturally get more coverage.
I don't write Galloway off as an idiot like many do here. Despite the big brother nonsense he's a very clever man, but although he knows his stuff on the middle east he can't really be seen as an unbiased commentator.

I don't think he's an idiot. If he was he wouldn't still have any sort of platform given how much of a **** he is. There's a video though of him denying previous things he's said, which each and every time just cuts back to him saying what he's denied, all caught on film. He's a liar, a shady bastard and a complete ****.

All very true but I do suspect if this had been an Iranian diplomat gifting £1m to a labour MP and promising to "bring down" a pro-Israel Tory we would have made much more of it.

The Wilson story is an interesting one which I've heard before. And I wouldn't put anything past Mountbatten, he was one evil evil bastard.
It probably received about as much coverage as this: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/u...s-qatar-muslim-brotherhood-attacks-1058875159

It seems Mountbatten was initially prepared to be a figurehead for a coup of some sort but was advised that this would amount to treason, so he disassociated himself from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.