Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced he's not releasing his tax returns because he's nowhere near as rich as he likes to make out and by releasing them his actual wealth would be revealed. It wouldn't surprise me if his liabilities exceed his assets. It is a huge part of his narcissism that he needs people to think he's on the same level of wealth as the Rockefellers or Buffet. In reality his poor business skills probably mean that his net worth is fuckall.

Of course that's why. Guaranteed.

giphy.gif

There are going to lots and lots of people looking for new jobs this morning.

Like him or loathe him, he won the election and the political elite who are now doing everything and anything to stop him doing what he was elected to do should hang their heads in shame imo. Its the same thing happening with us and the EU vote in a way and just smacks of people unable to accept they lost.

Remember the days where a losing political party just went about the next few years proving to an electorate why the should be trusted to regain power rather than crap like this every 5 mins?

I say the above as someone who doesn't think he is fit for office but never the less, he has been democratically elected and that is that.

He brings a totally new low to politics - attacking his own intelligence agencies and the Media just days before he's inauguration then you have the childish Twitter rants. Whole thing is a shambles.

There are going to lots and lots of people looking for new jobs this morning.

Like him or loathe him, he won the election and the political elite who are now doing everything and anything to stop him doing what he was elected to do should hang their heads in shame imo. Its the same thing happening with us and the EU vote in a way and just smacks of people unable to accept they lost.

Remember the days where a losing political party just went about the next few years proving to an electorate why the should be trusted to regain power rather than crap like this every 5 mins?

I say the above as someone who doesn't think he is fit for office but never the less, he has been democratically elected and that is that.

You make me laugh, when Farage thought he'd lost the referendum, when his City chums told him he'd blown it in the early hours of that fateful summers day, he gave a rallying speech to his troops about the fight going on, lost the battle but not the war kinda bollocks. When he realised he'd won it he changed his tune "That's it, the people have spoken, no going back" and the remoaners were born.

Democracies don't work the way you think they do, people are expected to respect the outcome of elections and referendums, but they are not forced to embrace them. If that referendum had returned capital punishment I would have respected the outcome but not embraced it, and I would have done everything permissible in a democracy to reverse it, including agitating for another referendum. If this country elects the Tories, I no more believe in Tory principles the day after the election than I did before.

Trump is a divisive figure who won the electoral college vote but not the popular vote, if the USA were to use the popular vote method rather than the system they presently use Clinton would be President and Trump would be back on reality TV, but they don't so they have Trump and not Clinton because of electoral mechanics. Whatever one thinks of that system all the candidates fought their campaigns under it, they knew its strengths and weaknesses and so they must respect the outcome, but just as I no more wanted to leave the EU the day after the referendum than I did before, the majority of Americans who voted for Hilary Clinton and those that voted for minor candidates are no more Pro Trump now than they were before.

Trump might consider his victory as some sort of triumph of the will, you might talk about the EU referendum as the people have spoken, which castes the referendum as some kind of Road to Damascus revelation, but you're kidding yourself, Trump and the Brexiters don't have the political capital they think they have and in a democracy there are ways of stopping you in your tracks, get too cocky (and Trump is very cocky) and he and your merry band of little englanders will soon find out there are checks and balances in a democracy and the people who are against you know how to use them.

Last edited:
He's actually promising to make everything terrific.
Well, I'm terrified.

If he was being blackmailed by Russia, why would he make friendship with Putin and a pro-Russia stance an election issue? You'd think that would make his election less likely. Get elected then turn out to be Russia's man - that makes sense. Unless of course Putin's aim is just to cause as much incompetence and chaos in the USA as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.