Pep's contract situation

This can't be true as the Sun ran a huge splash saying he's about to retire not even a week ago.

But seriously this is the best news and gives me serious optimism and hope for the future. The fact that he recognises the scale of this job and is willing to commit to it. Awesome.

Expect him to sign an extension to his contract this summer.

Pep is being backed to the hilt.
I would expect nothing less and it is quite right too. We have firmly put all of our eggs in the Pep basket and they have to make this work so I didn't think for one minute that the club would consider his future at this stage regardless of results or performances. How long Pep has the stomach for things if they don't significantly improve I have no idea but I would think the only way he is leaving is under his own volition. I really like Pep and hope he is here for years, I just hope that if at some point it transpires that he needs to take a different direction to make things work here then he will do that and not be so totally entrenched in his philosophies that he'd rather fail with Plan A than potentially succeed with a Plan B. To me that would not be the hallmark of a great manager.

must say though its a waste of time giving him time and money if he hasn't got the balls to drop players that are so obviously out of form. you don't get the time in the prem to "come good". every player needs to be at the very top of their game from the off.

This might surprise some but I think this would be great, nay fantastic, news.

It's about time we had a bit of longevity and given the changes needed in playing staff this summer (which tbf isn't the fault of Pep) it gives him time to really stamp his identity on the whole club.

Well done city.

But seriously this is the best news and gives me serious optimism and hope for the future. The fact that he recognises the scale of this job and is willing to commit to it. Awesome.

Exactly this, how lucky we really are! Pep Guardiola WILL stay as long as it takes to turn us into the dominant force in world football we, and the club, all know he can. This news honestly couldn't be better.

Long after Mourinho fucks off having thrown his team under the bus he's parked (2 years, 3 tops) we'll still have Guardiola and by then we'll actually have a squad capable of playing his way too.

Are we getting a player revolution too?

Brilliant news and a sweet fuck you to all the jurnos/pundit/jealous wankers willing him to fail.

Yep agree mentioned it on another thread. Going to take Pep at least 18 months to get his team and his team playing how he wants.

Problem is patients from fans these days with social media influencing the weak minded it going to be a long haul.

Owners have the manager they have chased for years they ain't not going to back him, he is setting is up as a club for many years it will take time.

Which begs the question, why didn't they build the team in preparation for his arrival then (instead of leaving him with an ageing squad)?

It's all subjective. Pep couldn't buy a new starting XI even if he and we knew it should be the case. So many players with just 12 months remaining and willing to sit tight (and why wouldn't they want to play under Pep?)

Marcotti, like most, are just Monday morning quarter-backing. Even Kolarov was playing like Baresi for the first two months of the season.

I assume you are asking about Txiki? I don't know the answer to that question.

Pep is angry, but in a good way. A bit like Mancini, he is slowly having his eyes opened to how difficult it is being involved with Man City.

The whole group that looks after recruitment, Txiki is part of that and in a sense the buck stops with him but the people he relies on clearly have let him down consistently over a number of windows now.

Slightly OT perhaps, but I just ask the question: Is FFP even vaguely relevant any more? I mean can we spend £200m every window if we want/need to?

Yes it is relevant.

The answer to your second question is not a straightforward yes or no. The same rules still apply with FFP as they have always done.

Good news is we are freeing up a shitload of wages with expiring contracts next summer so we have plenty of wriggle room in terms of replenishing the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.