Pep's contract situation

Excellent news.

We need to back him and accept that around 50% of the first team are no longer up to scratch.

He must be given the freedom to build and coach a fresh team.

I suspect he has been to the board and made a " We're gonna need a bigger boat" comment.

3 years is nowhere near enough to turn this around properly.

Are we getting a player revolution too?

Brilliant news and a sweet fuck you to all the jurnos/pundit/jealous wankers willing him to fail.
What about the same fuck you to the long term fans?

This is at completely the wrong time and without getting into what he did at Barca and Bayern, what's written in a book and what he should be doing, what have I somehow missed in the time he's been here that merits this? Factual answers only please, not blind optimism and God, do I want to be wrong on this.

So far, with the odd exception, the lack of the Emperors' new clothes is what I see.

Yep agree mentioned it on another thread. Going to take Pep at least 18 months to get his team and his team playing how he wants.

Problem is patients from fans these days with social media influencing the weak minded it going to be a long haul.

Owners have the manager they have chased for years they ain't not going to back him, he is setting is up as a club for many years it will take time.

This is something that a lot of people aren't taking into consideration. The only way I see him leaving is if things get totally on top of him and it becomes a mental issue - something that could happen to anyone - or if results are so catastrophic that the club decide to have a re-think. The former is a concern as he left Barca and they're his club but I think there was a lot of politics involved whereas at City he has the full backing of his bosses. The latter I can't see happening because even if there is a bigger downturn in results than we are seeing at the moment, the club has invested so much time and effort into getting him and I think are prepared to allow things to get worse before they get better.

Very happy Pep is extending his stay here.

Just a shame the club didn't give him the right set of tools (i.e. players) to do his job properly in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.