A Router Question - Activity Lights

The Silver Surfer

I've got a Virgin Super Hub 2 and a connection of 150mbps connection. The activity light on the port connected to the xbox 1 is green, the activity light on the port connected my Amazon Fire TV box is amber.

It seems to be related to the device rather than the port or cables as swapping them gives the same result.
They are the only 2 wired devices on the network

I wondered if the Fire box might be limited to 10mbps and this might be the reason but I can find no evidence for it.
I seem to remember something in the dim and distant past about half duplex mode as well whatever that is.

I could connect the Fire TV via wifi but I wired the connection instead as the boxes are next to each other and I want the best possible results while streaming with Kodi considering the other 3 inhabitants of my dwelling are broadband hungry teens & wife.

Any ideas? Its just bugging me

Might do, it's the only thing I can think of tbh. I know boxes can have issues with Wi-Fi but...

Can you not install the Speedtest.net app on the Fire TV box? If so test it on both wired & wireless.

I was having similar problem. Not same Router but i changed every device connected to have a static ip. now works like a charm.
To access your router settings type in

192.168.3.1 In your browser and you can sort the static ip from there

That probably just means constant activity due to shared files being scanned? How's the streaming speed?

Can't tell. Can't find a speed test app. There used to be a function in the bluemoon build of kodi but since that went kaput im using Pulse with none on there either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.