Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wanted him in the January, then went back in July and kept the deal going until the beginning of August when the TPO was resolved.

There's no definition in which a player the club spent the best part of a year trying to get was a "panic buy".

The club would probably prefer to call it a panic buy, though, as at least that would explain it. How the hell you could watch him play and think 'he'd be perfect a possession based team', I've no idea

The club would probably prefer to call it a panic buy, though, as at least that would explain it. How the hell you could watch him play and think 'he'd be perfect a possession based team', I've no idea

Well he was doing well at Porto in a team that dominated possession.

Well he was doing well at Porto in a team that dominated possession.

Did they never pass to him? He made Lescott look comfortable on the ball.

That said, with a decent left back and alongside a fit Kompany, I reckon he'd have been a success in the PL. Quick and physical

We weren't a possession based team then.

I always liked Mangala and was hoping he'd stay - don't know why, I just liked him.
Because you are inherently a nice chap malg. :)
I liked his pace, but the way the refs are throwing cards at us this season I doubt he'd finish a game.

Because you are inherently a nice chap malg. :)
I liked his pace, but the way the refs are throwing cards at us this season I doubt he'd finish a game.

Not just his pace snorky, but his willingness to scrap with big physical strikers. No, he would never work in a Pep team but there have been a few occasions this season when our defence has been bullied. If you care to watch both legs of our games against PSG last year (or just take my word for it) the big nosed hard man avoids him like the plague for 180 minutes.

Anyway, back on topic, VvD yes please, the sooner the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.