U18's games/results 2016/17

I said a few weeks ago that he's just not a RB, but actually after 3 or 4 more games i thought he was impressive there on thursday as well. Just a supremely gifted young player.

He's never been a RB to be fair. Was always a CM for the u16s last year but he's been standing in cos of injuries/playing in RB just to get a game at times too.

He's never been a RB to be fair. Was always a CM for the u16s last year but he's been standing in cos of injuries/playing in RB just to get a game at times too.

Yeah I knew he was out of position, I was just a bit bemused why they chose him because the first few times I saw him there I didn't think it worked.

It was our u16 s today with 1 or 2 U18's. Didn't get to see the game today, but for fuck sake these lads are good.

Recorded a quick review on the way back...

Thought Matt Smith was outstanding, alongside Foden and Gonzalez. Big shoutout to the u16s lads Ogbeta and Frimpong too.

Always been impressed with Smith when I've seen him play in the centre of the pitch, very tidy player.

Notice you seem doubly impressed with him at 1:53 and 2:13 of your video... ;-)

Always been impressed with Smith when I've seen him play in the centre of the pitch, very tidy player.

Notice you seem doubly impressed with him at 1:53 and 2:13 of your video... ;-)

haha. Yep, editing error. I recorded a part again cos a police car went past and rendered some audio redundant and i forgot to cut out a certain bit as i was editing it while watching the Palace game!

How has Kongolo been for the u18s this season?
Don't know what age he actually is but I don't think he has played any 18's games at all this season but has been captain of the EDS side. Coming along quite well I would say but a little inconsistent. Being given the captaincy says a lot about how City think about him.

Although I have seen quite a lot of him I find it hard to know his best role in the team. I don't think he is ideal for a defensive midfield role as I think his positional play isn't great. Not conviced either that he is a great passer of the ball for a creative player but he certainly gets up and down the pitch and into good attacking positions.

I don't think I am selling him too well am I? Need help from other regular watchers

Don't know what age he actually is but I don't think he has played any 18's games at all this season but has been captain of the EDS side. Coming along quite well I would say but a little inconsistent. Being given the captaincy says a lot about how City think about him.

Although I have seen quite a lot of him I find it hard to know his best role in the team. I don't think he is ideal for a defensive midfield role as I think his positional play isn't great. Not conviced either that he is a great passer of the ball for a creative player but he certainly gets up and down the pitch and into good attacking positions.

I don't think I am selling him too well am I? Need help from other regular watchers
He turned 19 last month so too old for the U18's, although I thought he was older than that.

I think you summed him up very well from what I've seen of him. Along with Nmecha (who I'm not convinced by either) I can't see him making it with us. He seems very inconsistent and appears to rely more on his size and strength than any particular skill although he has occasionally surprised me with what he can do.

He turned 19 last month so too old for the U18's, although I thought he was older than that.

I think you summed him up very well from what I've seen of him. Along with Nmecha (who I'm not convinced by either) I can't see him making it with us. He seems very inconsistent and appears to rely more on his size and strength than any particular skill although he has occasionally surprised me with what he can do.

Nmecha is an interesting one. Last year when I watched the Youth CL games and the other ones which were streamed, he looked like a world beater powerhouse of centre forward, who can actually dribble past defenders easily and create chances on his own too as well as arriving well in the box. Then few injuries came and stuff, and this year he looks like a shadow of last year's player. Is this observation right, or am I missing something? Obviously you lot had the chance to watch him more often and closer.

As for his chances, yeah, I think in general it can be said that strikers and centre backs have it the toughest to break through, especially as we are packed with talented strikers anyway (Kelechi, Jesus, Unal, Lorenzo Gonzalez...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.