FC United Thread

i just don't get it a fan base club you should be working for the love of the club and volunteer for free or on expenses
its non league football and the club board should be made up of fans or share owners and a voted chairman who is given a 2 year role

now am i missing something here is non league football self funding or is there money to be made
the crowds are not to bad for the FCUM and salford but nothing to run a club full time and salford are backed by the class of 92 money and media are well involved so they can
but FCUM don't have backing and don't what a money man so its based on fans and tickets sales

funny thing is i know somebody big at Oldham football club that if they go down this season it could be the end of them
its professional football and league 1 and not that away from non league he said oldham could be better off in non league football and being part time and if FCUM ever come up to league football it could kill them without major backing even getting gates of 8000 to 10.000 each week would not cover the running cost

only salford city with backing from some very rich owners could stay up but the ground is shocking and would not meet league football standards and they would have to ground share with somebody like sale sharks or FCUM hahahahhahahhaha
Salford City are building a new ground
4000 capacity I think

Why should these lot deserve more attention than say Morecambe or the plight of Kingstonian?
Probably because they are attention seeking (insert your own word here) so can't have it both ways.
The way the club / board were grandstanding to an audience last season, stating no way were they going to play Chesterfield on a Monday night in the FA Cup and they lapped up the media attention that gained further publicity and gave them ''kudos'' and hailed them as ''the last bastions'' of all that is good about football as a result - whilst all along the board knew they were going to pocket the money as it was desperately needed to prop them up and cover their ineptitude in failing to secure a club sponsor and no one turning up to book functions etc. In total they earned 125K from the cup run and without that this thread would have ended last summer.

Last edited:
The comedy keeps on coming....

So now a group of fans on one forum (details below courtesy of a Blue mate of mine who lurks there, pissing himself laughing) are miffed that the club doesn't have road signs on Oldham Road etc directing people to the ground and the fact there are no signs outside Pallet Park advertising the next game etc.
So they want two signs like this - and off they go again throwing more money at the club. The club could fold any week soon, but Hey! They will have two smart signs outside!
They are like drug addicts who just can't resist the latest fix in throwing good money away on a bad product - or like Morrissey fans who keep shelling out for flights and concert tickets, knowing the gig will be cancelled.... ;)
One even suggests that on seeing this sign kids will mither their parents to take them..... like the kids can't currently see the fucking stadium in front of their eyes!

file.php

spacer.gif

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Yes, but with more space for sponsorship (Not too much like!).

spacer.gif

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:00 pm

leighton wrote:

Pricing and Pay on the Gate' needs to be clearly visible whenever it's POTG
Some guidance how buy tickets on few occasions its not.
Also lot of nonfootballing events we need to advertise to passersby.

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:35 am

Should be straightforward to get that passed shouldn't it, stick us down for a score at least

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:14 am

I'd be happy to contribute 20 sovs

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 am

Great idea. Will look much more welcoming and hopefully bring in much needed revenue. As others have said, the potg has to be stressed. I can imagine passing kids mithering their parents to take them. Cheaper, more fun and much healthier for all than a Saturday spent in KFC. In for £25 here.

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 am

Put us down for £20, ta.

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:09 am

In for £50 towards this.

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 am

red3 wrote:
In for £50 towards this.

Me too!

spacer.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Like it, count me in for a score.

Last edited:
Will they be allowed to go under I wonder,must be a few people at the council who look bad on this and would like to get their pensions before it goes tits up surely?
Maybe the council would like a 'free' local community venue they can utilise and hire out to other clubs? (Rags reserves?) and put it under leisure services for the 3G pitch etc.... you never know, the council may secretly be waiting to pick it up for nothing!

Last edited:

So now a group of fans on one forum (details below courtesy of a Blue mate of mine who lurks there, pissing himself laughing) are miffed that the club doesn't have road signs on Oldham Road etc directing people to the ground and the fact there are no signs outside Pallet Park advertising the next game etc.
So they want two signs like this - and off they go again throwing more money at the club. The club could fold any week soon, but Hey! They will have two smart signs outside!
They are like drug addicts who just can't resist the latest fix in throwing good money away on a bad product - or like Morrissey fans who keep shelling out for flights and concert tickets, knowing the gig will be cancelled.... ;)
One even suggests that on seeing this sign kids will mither their parents to take them..... like the kids can't currently see the fucking stadium in front of their eyes!

file.php

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

leighton wrote:

spacer.gif

Should be straightforward to get that passed shouldn't it, stick us down for a score at least

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Great idea. Will look much more welcoming and hopefully bring in much needed revenue. As others have said, the potg has to be stressed. I can imagine passing kids mithering their parents to take them. Cheaper, more fun and much healthier for all than a Saturday spent in KFC. In for £25 here.

spacer.gif

Put us down for £20, ta.

spacer.gif

In for £50 towards this.

spacer.gif

red3 wrote:
In for £50 towards this.

Me too!

spacer.gif

I note that one of the posters is from South Lincolnshire. Now I fully accept the Trafford mob has fans from all over Britain, we do, it is part of life, but when you get pissed off with your club/Glazer why dont you jack them in and support a local club ? The truth is they still are connected at the hip to Trafford F.C. they can't go and support a real team, what a sad wanker, (full kit ?)

Maybe the council would like a 'free' local community venue they can utilise and hire out to other clubs? (Rags reserves?) and put it under leisure services for the 3G pitch etc.... you never know, the council may secretly be waiting to pick it up for nothing!

Never thought of that.Or someone like Maine Road FC maybe ;)

file.php

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

leighton wrote:

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Put us down for £20, ta.

spacer.gif

In for £50 towards this.

spacer.gif

red3 wrote:
In for £50 towards this.

Me too!

spacer.gif

Pissing money away on things that don't really provide a return on investment. It's in both Raggy clubs DNA, perhaps they could get Paul Pogba to stand in Oldham road with a sandwich board directing the self righteous numpties to the ground, most work he's done all season.

I note that one of the posters is from South Lincolnshire. Now I fully accept the Trafford mob has fans from all over Britain, we do, it is part of life, but when you get pissed off with your club/Glazer why dont you jack them in and support a local club ? The truth is they still are connected at the hip to Trafford F.C. they can't go and support a real team, what a sad wanker, (full kit ?)
My friend sends me a few of their comical posts.... the regulars are named 'NZred', 'wyre forest red', the aforementioned south Lincs and 'Preston red' and 'baldy' from Kings Lynn!

And their anthem is ''I am an FC fan, I am a Mancunian......''

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.