Melbourne City FC Thread

I thought it was off side,if he wasn't there the defender doesn't make that sliding clearance
That's what I thought, oh well that's how it goes sometimes, maybe they can overturn the decision?
Anyway a much better performance tonight regardless, injuries and cards could cause us trouble next week.

Are the rules different in the A League from the rest of football? The victory player was clearly offside, the ball was played directly to him 5 yards out and the Melbourne City player directed it into his own net as a result. He is clearly interfering with play. It's not even debateable. The fact that the lino flagged it as well makes the decision even more astonishing.

Are the rules different in the A League from the rest of football? The victory player was clearly offside, the ball was played directly to him 5 yards out and the Melbourne City player directed it into his own net as a result. He is clearly interfering with play. It's not even debateable. The fact that the lino flagged it as well makes the decision even more astonishing.
Rules are the same, refereeing has been quite poor this year in the A League, how Geria (their LB that head butted Brandan in the head) didn't get a card all game is beyond me.
We could potentially have 8 starting players out for the next match. Muscat, Malik, Fornaroli, Brandan and Brattan have all collected 5 yellows, Cahill got a red from the sidelines, Bouzanis will probably get a few weeks off for a racial slur and depending how Jakobsen's injury worry goes, he could be out as well.
It's going to be a challenge, but Brisbane will have played in the ACL and might have to play a weaker side as well, exciting times.

The way I saw it was that firstly it was an own goal therefore the only question was wether their striker of dubious parentage was interfering. To me he was beyond Malik and Bouzanis. So from where the ref was standing he could come to the decision that there was no interference. The major problem for me was how that decision was arrived at. Refs rarely overule linesman calls especially if a goal is in question.

To cop 2 goals at the 86th is schoolboy stuff. The only pleasing thing was that for the first time in months we looked half decent hopefully it's the start of new form.

The way I saw it was that firstly it was an own goal therefore the only question was wether their striker of dubious parentage was interfering. To me he was beyond Malik and Bouzanis. So from where the ref was standing he could come to the decision that there was no interference. The major problem for me was how that decision was arrived at. Refs rarely overule linesman calls especially if a goal is in question.

To cop 2 goals at the 86th is schoolboy stuff. The only pleasing thing was that for the first time in months we looked half decent hopefully it's the start of new form.

I can understand the ref overruling the linesman if the ref believed that the linesman had interpreted the rule incorrectly. But I dont see how the offside player couldnt be interfering with play when the ball was being passed to him.

It's a bit similar to the Lukaku goal the other day. I reckon it should have been offside but the rules apparently say no.

Stupid rules IMO.

Bouzanis 5 week suspension. 6 or 7 (lost count) others unavailable due to accumulation of yellows. Plus Cahill for his straight red.

Down to bare bones and 2 or 3 youth players will probably start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.