FA Cup 5th round draw - Huddersfield Town (Away)

Another win for Huddersfield today vs Leeds, but their manager must be seriously embarrassed by his conduct today. Never seen anything like it celebrating on the pitch with his players during the game. They are 6 points behind a stuttering Brighton and they might go up automatically. I don;t think they will rest players though in the FA Cup. Not with it being the 5th round. They'll probably think that a good showing against us will just add to the momentum of their season.

Monk should be far more embarrassed, though as we know the man has no shame. Cameras were on you Garry, everyone saw what you did and to then try claiming the moral high ground and to claim your team of cloggers deserved a point is deluded in the extreme. Sorry for spamming your board guys, but I couldn't let that go unchallenged.

Monk should be far more embarrassed, though as we know the man has no shame. Cameras were on you Garry, everyone saw what you did and to then try claiming the moral high ground and to claim your team of cloggers deserved a point is deluded in the extreme. Sorry for spamming your board guys, but I couldn't let that go unchallenged.
I saw Monk's response. Very measured. Running on the pitch to celebrate a goal when the game is still on is unheard of. I watched that in disbelief and I thought Monk's comments about humility and respect were spot on.

I saw Monk's response. Very measured. Running on the pitch to celebrate a goal when the game is still on is unheard of. I watched that in disbelief and I thought Monk's comments about humility and respect were spot on.

Unheard of? Do you watch any football - it happens every week.

Whether you feel he was entitled to or not, Monk walked into his path deliberately, so not sure how he was showing evidence of humility or respect there.

To be honest, I thought it was piss funny seeing Huddersfield's manager running on to the pitch and diving on top of the players to celebrate the winning goal.
Funny for the neutral because it's just not what you'd expect from a manager.

That was a very big game for Huddersfield and Leeds. A derby with a lot of importance at the top of the table. Not sure we'd be laughing if that happened with City involved. Imagine that in a Manchester Derby. I can;t even imagine Mourinho doing that.

Unheard of? Do you watch any football - it happens every week.

Whether you feel he was entitled to or not, Monk walked into his path deliberately, so not sure how he was showing evidence of humility or respect there.
It was during a game. Managers go on the pitch all the time when the game is over. I have never seen a manager celebrate a goal on the pitch. Nearest i can remember is when Kidd and Ferguson encroach on pitch after Bruce scores against Sheff Wed. mancini and Kidd run around their technical area when Aguero scores. No one goes in and joins in with the players celebration. That's unheard of.

If it happens every week, you give me some examples from the Premiership. I have never seen it.

Funny for the neutral because it's just not what you'd expect from a manager.

That was a very big game for Huddersfield and Leeds. A derby with a lot of importance at the top of the table. Not sure we'd be laughing if that happened with City involved. Imagine that in a Manchester Derby. I can;t even imagine Mourinho doing that.

I remember David Pleat getting a few digs when he did something similar

I remember David Pleat getting a few digs when he did something similar
Are you talking about Pleat running on the pitch at Maine Rd? That was after the game. This was whilst it was still on.

This was a local derby. Probably their biggest league game of the season. Imagine if Guardiola or Mourinho was to do that in a Manchester Derby, there'd be a riot, and the manager would get a very lengthy ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.