Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this is one of the most interesting situations we have at present and how will Pep deal with it.

As i understand it he is widely tipped to be one of this summers casualties and will be moved on, however Pep seems to see him as his go to guy at centre half, to be fair he does seem most comfortable there.

However given that we already have Stones, Ottomendi an to a lesser degree Kompany competing with him for the two starting berths and we keep on being linked with other centre halves, you would suspect something has to give.

I suspect Pep is planning for a 3 at the back formation and if this is the case I think AK may still be here next year.
He has a contract until 2018, not like Zaba, Clichy and Sagna who all might leave in the summer as their contracts weren't renewed yet. However we like it or not, I think this can be a deciding factor as it's not easy to just sell players with 80-100k/week salaries. Not that I'd be against it. His direct runs and passes yesterday from the centre were a big help for us, and his battling with Llorente was fun to watch and I think overall he came out of it well.

He had his best ever game for us yesterday but was still absolutely average. Anybody can play when the opposition is scared of their own shadows a la Swansea yesterday in the first half or Bournemouth or Watford. Always a car crash waiting to happen.

He had his best ever game for us yesterday but was still absolutely average. Anybody can play when the opposition is scared of their own shadows a la Swansea yesterday in the first half or Bournemouth or Watford. Always a car crash waiting to happen.

You are entitled to your opinion but I thought he was good yesterday and to say that was his best game for us is wrong.He has played more games than anyone else this season and with the odd exception he has been either good or excellent eg against United and Barcelona. Been one of our best and most consistently good players this season.

I genuinely cant see where the praise comes from?

He often invites pressure,and problems,with his backwards or sideways passing,frequently into the feet of a team mate who is already being pressed,and he constantly gives away school boy fouls - his all round decision making is generally piss poor.
Add that to the fact he looks like he's running in treacle,has a turning circle bigger than a double decker bus,and it really does make for a very poor footballer.

I cant wait to see the back of him.

So much bullshit coming from someone that defended stones. This season pep had relied heavily on kolarov playing both as a converted cb and a fb. Sure he has errors in him but outside of the top world class defenders who doesnt? Stones has averaged more mistakes leading to goals than kolarov since last season at everton, frequently making braindead decisions at crucial games passing it to opposition players, showboating in his penalty area instead of clesring the ball or losing possesion at dangerous areas. Your persistent agenda against kolarov has blinded you from his actual performance. Just glad pep is running the team and not some ramdom biased mod on the Internet

Kolarov was solid defensively yesterday, and his passing stats would suggest he used the ball well.

mqxSLsL.jpg

However, there were so many times when he chose not to play it forward and elected to pass it backwards or sideways.

Pep was getting frustrated at times with his slow decision making. I thought Stones showed how to use it quicker.

Overall though he made a great contribution yesterday.

He's shit.

One decent game doesn't change that.

End of.
But it wasn't one decent game, you're kidding yourself if you actually believe that.

If we were to play the UCL final tomorrow I'd play Kolarov next to Kompany. This guy had never played CB six months ago.

Like Clichy, he's always got mistakes in him - that's the problem I have. I mean even yesterday in one of his better games, on 91 minutes he sold himself cheaply with his challenge on Narsingh and it was a let off from the linesman or they'd have been through on goal.
Like Clichy, Stones, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Fernando, Bravo and Caballero. Love all the players I just listed but this season Kolarov has been not only our best defender in my eyes but also- people are going to hate me saying this- our most important player. Think we'd be far worse off had we let him go to Turkey in the summer.

So much bullshit coming from someone that defended stones. This season pep had relied heavily on kolarov playing both as a converted cb and a fb. Sure he has errors in him but outside of the top world class defenders who doesnt? Stones has averaged more mistakes leading to goals than kolarov since last season at everton, frequently making braindead decisions at crucial games passing it to opposition players, showboating in his penalty area instead of clesring the ball or losing possesion at dangerous areas. Your persistent agenda against kolarov has blinded you from his actual performance. Just glad pep is running the team and not some ramdom biased mod on the Internet
I'm not sure what being a mod(ramdom at that) has to do with anything?

Anyway,you rate him,i dont.....thats life.

Like Clichy, Stones, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Fernando, Bravo and Caballero. Love all the players I just listed but this season Kolarov has been not only our best defender in my eyes but also- people are going to hate me saying this- our most important player. Think we'd be far worse off had we let him go to Turkey in the summer.

Whatever you say Mrs Kolarov ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.