Man Flu

Rare I get I'll but got that norovirus two weeks go. Up there with stomach flu for me.

Still struggle the most woth glandular fever, it's more the fatigue is a killer rather than being under the weather

Norovirus is a baddie mate and I too have not been able to move much with fatigue
I dont want to intrude on other peoples day to day but if I may be so bold as to offer a snippet of advise.
Our beer fridge is in the kitchen and far enough from my play room to give me consternations.
I have fasteneded three shoe laces together for each leg and tied one end round each foot and then up into my arms.
If you pull and rock forward at the same time it can stimulate enough movement to get you to the fridge and back with minimul effort
Pull rock pull rock and lift that foot and rock forward and swing that foot..
It takes practise but it is helping me out as I dont have any crutches at the moment.

My most sincere commiserations Mr. Taximania. I am just starting to recover after a nasty bout of the flu, been almost a fortnight since I first went down with it and now it has eased into what one could describe as a mere heavy cold. Paracetamol and hot drinks of freshly sliced lemon sweetened with honey were my medication. Hope you recover swiftly.

Thank you for your compassion mate.Have you tried Juniper which is the active ingrediant of gin ?
Google it because it has amazing properties and since I drunk the bottle last night I got my first proper nights sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our kid was off colour after Xmas and still not fully recovered... Started spouting weird stuff and his missus took him to the walk-in centre in Stockport.. They blue lighted him to Stepping Hill

Tested and after a few visits from nurses in full Ebola gear they suspected a strain of Avian flu... he was out after two days though

Rambling was down to dehydration which is a killer.... he is still not right mind so if you dont feel well get it checked out I suggest

Our kid was off colour after Xmas and still not fully recovered... Started spouting weird stuff and his missus took him to the walk-in centre in Stockport.. They blue lighted him to Stepping Hill

Tested and after a few visits from nurses in full Ebola gear they suspected a strain of Avian flu... he was out after two days though
Rambling was down to dehydration which is a killer.... he is still not right mind so if you dont feel well get it checked out I suggest

I have never seen him on here or social media but hope he goes on to make a full recovery.
Does he twitter much ?

Thank you for your compassion mate.Have you tried Juniper which is the active ingrediant of gin ?
Google it because it has amazing properties and since I drunk the bottle last night I got my first proper nights sleep.

Not a great lover of Gin, wonder if it would work if I squeezed some juniper berries into a can of Stella ;)

Not a great lover of Gin, wonder if it would work if I squeezed some juniper berries into a can of Stella ;)

Put a small 25ml measure in a stein and then allow the Artois to weave of it's magic as you pour nonchenantly into it's base.
Et voila un litre de Stelliper Artois mais oui !

Im almost better now. If I was to offer people advise I would say to just put your head down and crack on.
The vic vapour rub for my chest made me feel empowered and a swipe under each nostril helped me breath more easily.
Paracetemol is the same active ingrediant in lemsip but I only had in co-codimols so I adapted with what I had to eliminate this viral menace.
The injection from the locam to calm me down also assisted in my recover by lowering my metabolical rate to allow my body time to heal.
This is why they put you in a coma after trauma so as to assist the bodies recovery time by closing down unnessasary function.

Glad to live in this decade with the advances in medical technology.
Truly we are blessed people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.