Poznan during CL anthem vs Monaco

Silva's Magic Boot

Title says it all really, think it'd be great to have a full stadium Poznan during the CL anthem next week, followed by a few City! City! City! war-cries. It'd get the team pumped up from the start (who can say it doesn't look amazing to have all 4 sides joining in) and get every fan in the ground involved in the atmosphere early on a massive night for the club.

Every week I see posts on here about "bringing the Poznan back" and whilst the days of a Poznan every game are well gone and probably rightly so, it still remains a big part of our identity as supporters so why not bring it back as a one-off for such a big game? I was at West Ham the other month when it made a mini-comeback and it got a great reception from fans inside the ground or watching it on TV.
Pep wants us to stop booing, a lot of fans dont. Theres no reason not to boo at the same time if you want to but surely the whole ground turning there back on the anthem is just as good a protest, and at least the Poznan gives a positive message to the players at the same time. Everyone is able to join in and it'll get the whole ground going from the start on a night where the players are going to need our support.

There's still 9 days till the match, plenty of time to get this spread around Twitter and Facebook so come on Blues lets get behind the idea and then get behind the team next Tuesday!!!

Last edited:
I think that's a good idea. The way I look at it, no matter how much we moan and boo, it is out of our control. (And for the record, I normally boo the anthem) However, one thing that we can control is getting behind the players, and this would pump our players up walking out to 4 sides of the ground doing the Poznan.

We are in a great position right now, the draw has been lucky to us so make the most of it and spur them on. Whatever your stance on UEFA or the tournament is, success in this competition would be a big step forward for the club. Lots of our fans are moaning and playing the victim over very little things at the moment, starting to sound like scousers. We would've dreamed of nights like this a few years ago, can't wait.

I think that's a good idea. The way I look at it, no matter how much we moan and boo, it is out of our control. (And for the record, I normally boo the anthem) However, one thing that we can control is getting behind the players, and this would pump our players up walking out to 4 sides of the ground doing the Poznan.

We are in a great position right now, the draw has been lucky to us so make the most of it and spur them on. Whatever your stance on UEFA or the tournament is, success in this competition would be a big step forward for the club. Lots of our fans are moaning and playing the victim over very little things at the moment, starting to sound like scousers. We would've dreamed of nights like this a few years ago, can't wait.
Good post mate and agree on all of that would definitely look amazing..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.