Recommendations Family Holidays??

with reports of IS torrorists, I read they ll be targeting Spanish resorts this year.

So why not try PORTUGAL this year Blue, for a family holiday it ticks all the boxes.

0hnax1xtv.jpg

12 of us went to Fergus Style complex in Santa Ponsa, Majorca c.2 years ago. We booked direct but I think Jet 2 also did packages. Quiet spot but not far from a small bar complex and 5 mins taxi ride to the main centre/beach.

Wasn't the cheapest or dearest but was a very nice complex, decent food, branded drinks from 10.00am until midnight and plenty going on during the day if kids need entertaining.

Med Cruises are relatively cheap these days and the mega ships of NCL, MSC and Royal Caribbean are designed specifically with families in mind, water parks, rock climbing walls and kids clubs for all ages. If you pick the right time to book you can get a load of extras like free drinks/internet/speciality dining. An added bonus is that you get visit a load of different places.

We looked at Iberostar as well. We have opted for the Rubican one £4500 2 weeks All inclusive with 2 kids end of July. Never realised how expensive it is without free child place. Looking forward to it though. A few people we know recommended it and seeing your comment as well made up our minds.

Cheers

I've stayed there twice. It's a nice hotel with good food. You can access the sea front and walk to the flamingo beach (10 mins or so) and town (20mins). Try the Marina on wed/sat when the market is on. It's usually a good couple of hours out. You can get a boat to the Papagayo beaches from the harbour too. Beautiful beaches if you like that sort of thing. Clothes optional on some though :-) !!!!

Join the H10 hotels rewards programme. You may get a freebie or two.

Insotel Punta Prima in Menorca. Great food, the island makes its own excellent gin (xoriguer is the brand name), small island easy to get around and loads of beaches. Very kid friendly and feels safe. Insotel put on shows each night, can be a bit hit and miss, they have 3 pools, but its on a hill so not great for anyone with mobility issues.

Have you been to Fornells? One of my favourite places on the med.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.