Monaco post match

Just watched the BT sports highlights. The co-commentator said, after falco's chip "that goal is good enough for Monaco to win this tie". Would he have said that if it was against the rags or the dippers? No way! Against any other English side? No

Did the keeper move the ball in a different trajectory and also keep his feet close to the ground after making contact with the ball and before making any sort of contact with Kun ? Yes he did.

Debatable pen for me. Scum would probably have been awarded it unless playing Barca or Real but it is what it is. We didn't need it in the end so alls good. Ridiculous booking though.
As clear a penalty as you will ever see!! Are you for real ???

I thought the Ref did ok. On the Kun pen debate, the replay clearly shows the keeper touched and moved the ball in a different direction before making any contact.
Even so, anywhere else on the pitch, that would still be a foul as he did not do anywhere enough to disposess a player and then took him out afterwards.

Did the keeper move the ball in a different trajectory and also keep his feet close to the ground after making contact with the ball and before making any sort of contact with Kun ? Yes he did.

Debatable pen for me. Scum would probably have been awarded it unless playing Barca or Real but it is what it is. We didn't need it in the end so alls good. Ridiculous booking though.

I thought he touched the ball too but is that enough?

Does anyone know the rule on this for definite? For me, even if the goalie gets the slightest touch on it, he hasn't actually won the ball. Aguero is still in possession of the ball in the immediate aftermath of the tackle and the goalie is now stranded on the floor. The goalie takes Aguero out and stops a likely goal.

I think someone also mentioned Aguero starts to go down before the contact is made. I think that's pretty harsh as there's absolutely no way by that point that the keeper wasn't taking him down. If he stays on his feet and fully let's the contact happen when they're still on the ground at full speed then it could be a lot more painful for both of them.

A penalty for me and most definitely not a yellow card.

It was 100% a penalty and the keeper took him down.

To book him for diving is rubbing salt in the wounds. Why do our HONEST players I.e Aguero and Sterling, never get given fouls in the box? Instead they get accused of being cheats.

As much as it pains me to say he starts going down a split second before contact is made. It's the kind of 'winning/gaining' a penalty that I don't like to see.

What is he supposed to do though, let the keeper plough straight through him and potentially take a serious injury?

What is he supposed to do though, let the keeper plough straight through him and potentially take a serious injury?
My view on this is that one thing I cannot understand is why in football people think that possible foul incidents can only have a binary outcome. It's entirely possible to get fouled and dive/exaggerate at the same time. Something that has been acknowledged in other sports for years now. I think a penalty and a yellow for Subasic and a yellow for Aguero would have been a good decision.

It was 100% a penalty and the keeper took him down.

To book him for diving is rubbing salt in the wounds. Why do our HONEST players I.e Aguero and Sterling, never get given fouls in the box? Instead they get accused of being cheats.
It's not 100% at all. Watch it on TV. Keeper gets the ball first but then takes out Aguero. Keepers seem to be able to take a forward out if they get a bit of the ball. To my mind that is still a foul. It's not a dive, but it's not clear cut. The ref actually got most things right. What he got wrong was booking Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.