Milo Yiannopoulos. Love him or hate him?

Same as the OP, on the surface he`s not the kind of chap to make my like never mind love list, but love him I do, he takes on the left in its own backyard and beats the shit out of the lot of them.
He is intelligent enough to debate AND back up his views with fact, and as a gay Jew who "Loves black cock" their usual fallback of "Racist/ Homophobic/White supremacist" is a non starter, rips f*ck out of feminazis and exposes Islam for the hateful ideology it is rather than the religion it claims to be.

Yes he is over the top, but then he never takes himself seriously.
Yes, he does all that, is very outspoken, and a refreshing change from the PC crap we've had shovelled
down our throats. Camps it up a tad too much though, and has a tendency to overstate his views, but an
amusing bloke, in the main.

Read this article on him yesterday - http://observer.com/2017/02/i-helpe...aybook-you-should-stop-playing-right-into-it/

He's clearly a very intelligent man and the more odious he appears, the more attention he gets, the bigger his profile becomes. If people simply ignored him, but gave him the right to say what he wants, then no one would care. Only by opposing him and creating a media frenzy around him has he become so influential. As the article says, it's a delicate balance between normalising his views and feeding the trolls.

He's a truly vile individual, and it's nice to see him paying the price for his repugnant views, but I think I actually hate Paul Joseph Watson more. He's like a nerdy, pathetic Milo-lite.

Read this article on him yesterday - http://observer.com/2017/02/i-helpe...aybook-you-should-stop-playing-right-into-it/

He's clearly a very intelligent man and the more odious he appears, the more attention he gets, the bigger his profile becomes. If people simply ignored him, but gave him the right to say what he wants, then no one would care. Only by opposing him and creating a media frenzy around him has he become so influential. As the article says, it's a delicate balance between normalising his views and feeding the trolls.
The problem with this stance is the assumption that alternative views to his are obviously the correct views
to adopt. It's this overbearing 'We know best' so listen to us and not him, that has put the left on the retreat,
as current shifts in public mood have revealed lately. Saying 'No one would care' is a comfort blanket, but is no
longer a comfort, as folk clearly do care. The article is correct in it's deliberations of how to combat people like him,
though,the idiots rioting and demanding 'Safe Spaces' to deny free speech have played into his hands wonderfully,
When the Sex Pistols and Frankie goes to Hollywood had records banned by the Beeb, the resultant sales
went through the roof.

We either believe in free speech or we don't. I do, so have no problem with him saying anything.

He is a showman, very articulate and charming so he's a media cert to be given airtime, particularly in the post trump/Brexit world.

Extreme anti feminism is even more boring than ultra feminism so he can fuck off with all that.

He's probably the only intelligent person I have seen on US telly that supports Trump.

There's always one.

Oh and he claims to be a Catholic.

The problem with this stance is the assumption that alternative views to his are obviously the correct views
to adopt. It's this overbearing 'We know best' so listen to us and not him, that has put the left on the retreat,
as current shifts in public mood have revealed lately. Saying 'No one would care' is a comfort blanket, but is no
longer a comfort, as folk clearly do care. The article is correct in it's deliberations of how to combat people like him,
though,the idiots rioting and demanding 'Safe Spaces' to deny free speech have played into his hands wonderfully,
When the Sex Pistols and Frankie goes to Hollywood had records banned by the Beeb, the resultant sales
went through the roof.
I don't know a whole lot about him other than his attacks on the black female actor in Ghostbusters that got him banned from Twitter and this latest stuff about paedophilia. I also know he's involved in Breitbart, so I can draw a pretty rounded assessment of his character from that.

I think some people might care about what he has to say, but like the article alludes, 90% of people probably disagree or don't fully agree with him. I'd imagine a lot of people stick up for him as he plays the "anti-establishment" role very well, regardless of his views. Like you say, the left has played into his hands wonderfully with their remarks about freedom of speech and safe spaces. I can see it from both sides - I wouldn't want him speaking where I work or studied, but similarly I feel uncomfortable saying that he shouldn't be allowed to.

I never knew he was English until recently either - so predictable that he's from the backwaters of Kent.

I don't know a whole lot about him other than his attacks on the black female actor in Ghostbusters that got him banned from Twitter and this latest stuff about paedophilia. I also know he's involved in Breitbart, so I can draw a pretty rounded assessment of his character from that.

I never knew he was English until recently either - so predictable that he's from the backwaters of Kent.

wow. not sure how to answer this

Some of the stuff he says is quite funny, and its always amusing to see him wind up liberal hacks, its amazing how easily he gets under their skin. I don't agree with other things he says. He's kind of like a young Christopher Hitchens.
More like a male Katie Hopkins.

What I do like about him is that he demonstrates perfectly how far some people are willing to go to defend someone who has the same political opinion as them.

As much as I detest the Idiot of a man, I never quite understood the "Safe Spaces" angle.

If he just wanted peaceful dialogue on a campus, why not book someone with a opposing view that also wants to speak peacefully?

Place them both at opposite ends of the campus and problem solved.

Small thinking creates huge problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.