Bacary Sagna - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed him watching Stones get done like a kipper and then see him think oh I might see if I can help out now, oopss too late, useless twot!

I think there was a clear instruction to invert the full backs which did help us stem the tide through the middle.
Pep said in his press conference they played inverted wingers and the full backs bombed on for width.

Well, they did. I'd have thought as they were being rinsed by Sterling & Sané they may have stayed back, they didn't.

We capitalised on that.
For all their rapid transitional play they scored from a poor kick out and two fairly harmless lumps over the top.

I think we isolated our centre halves a little, but it was intentional.
8/10 or more like 6/10 at City even our defenders stop their goals.

Having said that, imagine their fullbacks at City. I think Fabinho will join. I know he didn't play right back, but he does and centrally too.
Perfect for Pep. Just need Alaba then.
Their goals were all easily avoidable yet I thought they had better chances that they missed when attacking from wide areas.
Agree with the premise of us using our fullbacks as inverted in order to stem the pressure through the middle - just thought we rode our luck at times.

I think there was a clear instruction to invert the full backs which did help us stem the tide through the middle.
Pep said in his press conference they played inverted wingers and the full backs bombed on for width.

Well, they did. I'd have thought as they were being rinsed by Sterling & Sané they may have stayed back, they didn't.

We capitalised on that.
For all their rapid transitional play they scored from a poor kick out and two fairly harmless lumps over the top.

I think we isolated our centre halves a little, but it was intentional.
8/10 or more like 6/10 at City even our defenders stop their goals.

Having said that, imagine their fullbacks at City. I think Fabinho will join. I know he didn't play right back, but he does and centrally too.
Perfect for Pep. Just need Alaba then.
Mbappe is the player I want from them. Fabihno maybe if we can't get Semedo.

Yeah he was poor yesterday. But if you look at the season he's been consistently very good and our best defender. It was an excellent transfer but I don't think he will get a new contract but that is only because of his age I think.

Fuck me, it's only ever the defenders that get subject to the 'One bad game and they're shit' treatment.

Very poor marking letting the best header of the ball I've ever seen get a free header in the box but did well other than that. Worked very hard

Had a fairly shit game but was miles better than the other 3 full backs on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.