Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

Listening to the Spuds v Stoke match on 5 dead earlier on my way home from Asda, and they pointed out that Stoke hadn't won against any of the teams above them this season. They then went through every team, except one.

Anyone like to have a guess which one??

Trying to tune in my tv on free sat. Stopped at BBC5L for a minute, spuds match had finished and the presenter mentioned something about the big teams.
Liverpool and Ushited were mentioned, nothing on the present top 4 clubs, you've got to laugh. Or did someone pick up a 1990's paper this morning.

I am contacting to escalate the above referenced complaint to the next level as I am far from happy with the responses to date from Ms Tsang, Deputy Complaints Manager. I have attached the responses for ease of reference.

My original complaint surrounded a photograph published on your Facebook page of a vulnerable and immensely likeable Manchester City supporter with the narrative “He’s been going to Manchester City for fifty years, today he excelled himself, Bertie we salute you.” My complaint is about the offensive and infantile use of the term Bertie.
In Ms Tsang’s responses she claims that there is no malice intended towards Pete (that’s his name by the way) or any City fan and that, "None of the team on the BBC Sport website were aware of “Bertie” as being a derogatory term to describe City fans”.

I would like to refer you to an article by your BBC Sport Website team published on 4th February 2016 entitled “What are the top questions asked about your club?”. The third question in this piece asks, “Why are Man City fans called Berties”. You go on to discover in the answer provided that "You may have heard of a cartoon character in a United magazine called ‘Bertie Magoo the Bitter Blue,’ which is why United fans call City fans ‘the Berties’

If you still stand by your answer that nobody in the sports teams knows about this term, which is now clearly a lie as proven by the above article, and that no offence is intended please have the courage of your convictions and republish the original article in its entirety, after all you have not meant to cause any offence have you?
I have some questions that I want answers to in response to my escalated complaint;
  1. What is the name of the journalist who published this item?
  2. Why out of all the male names in the world was Bertie chosen when it was not used to be an offensive term?
  3. Why was the original response not investigated correctly?
  4. Who in the Sports department did Ms Tsang speak to to conclude that "None of the team on the BBC Sport website were aware of “Bertie” as being a derogatory term to describe City fans”?
  5. Will you republish the original article again if you do believe it not to be offensive?
I would have had much more respect for Ms Tsang if she actually had the foresight to admit that this was done with the malice that all City fans who have read this are convinced it was intended. There really is no other explanation so please do not insult me with more untruths and respond with the answers to the questions I have asked. I would add that I am prepared to take this complaint as far as possible until you actually commit to tell the truth about this piece.

Regards

I am contacting to escalate the above referenced complaint to the next level as I am far from happy with the responses to date from Ms Tsang, Deputy Complaints Manager. I have attached the responses for ease of reference.

My original complaint surrounded a photograph published on your Facebook page of a vulnerable and immensely likeable Manchester City supporter with the narrative “He’s been going to Manchester City for fifty years, today he excelled himself, Bertie we salute you.” My complaint is about the offensive and infantile use of the term Bertie.
In Ms Tsang’s responses she claims that there is no malice intended towards Pete (that’s his name by the way) or any City fan and that, "None of the team on the BBC Sport website were aware of “Bertie” as being a derogatory term to describe City fans”.

I would like to refer you to an article by your BBC Sport Website team published on 4th February 2016 entitled “What are the top questions asked about your club?”. The third question in this piece asks, “Why are Man City fans called Berties”. You go on to discover in the answer provided that "You may have heard of a cartoon character in a United magazine called ‘Bertie Magoo the Bitter Blue,’ which is why United fans call City fans ‘the Berties’

If you still stand by your answer that nobody in the sports teams knows about this term, which is now clearly a lie as proven by the above article, and that no offence is intended please have the courage of your convictions and republish the original article in its entirety, after all you have not meant to cause any offence have you?
I have some questions that I want answers to in response to my escalated complaint;
  2. Why out of all the male names in the world was Bertie chosen when it was not used to be an offensive term?
  4. Who in the Sports department did Ms Tsang speak to to conclude that "None of the team on the BBC Sport website were aware of “Bertie” as being a derogatory term to describe City fans”?
  5. Will you republish the original article again if you do believe it not to be offensive?
I would have had much more respect for Ms Tsang if she actually had the foresight to admit that this was done with the malice that all City fans who have read this are convinced it was intended. There really is no other explanation so please do not insult me with more untruths and respond with the answers to the questions I have asked. I would add that I am prepared to take this complaint as far as possible until you actually commit to tell the truth about this piece.

Regards

Excellent, i hate the bullshit and you are concise to that effect, good man.

I applaud all of you who are fighting the good fight here. The more I read this thread, the more I realise what a bunch of ****s the BBC are. However, fuck all will happen. They knowingly hid a paedophile for 40+ years, with collusion at the highest level - so outing a Rag **** will be low on their list of priorities.

Regards

Excellent. Keep fighting blues.

Regards

Solid work Blue, keep it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.