City vs United: Manchester's Cold War (23/02 1930hrs BBC Radio 5)

It's no coincidence that the club is named after two United legends Darren Fletcher and John Moss.

On a more serious point, does their website claim to have had Lingard on their books? If so, it must be affiliated to United, else why would junior players from as far afield as Warrington be travelling to play for a junior club in Manchester?

I can't see any mention of Lingard being on their books but this is how the write up of "players to make the grade" starts.......

Fletcher Moss Rangers have been producing top quality players for some time now. Our very first player to ‘Make the Grade’ was Wes Brown who trialled at Manchester City, only to be told he was not good enough for them.

I don't believe for one minute young players who have trialled and failed for any club are told this.

I can't see any mention of Lingard being on their books but this is how the write up of "players to make the grade" starts.......

Fletcher Moss Rangers have been producing top quality players for some time now. Our very first player to ‘Make the Grade’ was Wes Brown who trialled at Manchester City, only to be told he was not good enough for them.

I don't believe for one minute young players who have trialled and failed for any club are told this.
David Horrocks mobile number is on the website, ring him up and ask him :)

Didn't our 86 youth cup winning side produce more real home grown players than the rags of 92? Forest can't have been far behind with their kids under Cloughie?

Unsuccessful players are told that they aren't what the clubs looking for at the moment and to keep trying, playing,practicing.

Unsuccessful players are told that they aren't what the clubs looking for at the moment and to keep trying, playing,practicing.

Exactly, plus they are told to keep in touch so they can evaluate their progress.

its a dirty old world youth football and some parents are pimping out there kids to the best offer

manchester is not the hot bed of youth that it once was and the kids are just not getting the right to play football from schools or on the street or the park it just does not happen and the football pitches are not there even the local councils don't care they sold of most of the green fields to private homes and flats

for me football clubs like city and united and the other clubs should not be allowed to take kids to they are 12 or 13 give them time to know what growing up is all about and get them back on the street or parks just mixing with other kids at different ages and not coach the skills out of them let the young lads find something by eye watching and doing what some other lads are doing with a ball and feel free to do it games its the only way you learn is by eye and watching

in Brazil they still have beach football its very big part in youth football and street football is also a big part of kids life just letting them find a level and enjoying the game and no pressure just fun i think that's missing from the youth setup in england its big business and money that can not be right for kids to get involved in at a early age

its a dirty old world youth football and some parents are pimping out there kids to the best offer

manchester is not the hot bed of youth that it once was and the kids are just not getting the right to play football from schools or on the street or the park it just does not happen and the football pitches are not there even the local councils don't care they sold of most of the green fields to private homes and flats

for me football clubs like city and united and the other clubs should not be allowed to take kids to they are 12 or 13 give them time to know what growing up is all about and get them back on the street or parks just mixing with other kids at different ages and not coach the skills out of them let the young lads find something by eye watching and doing what some other lads are doing with a ball and feel free to do it games its the only way you learn is by eye and watching

in Brazil they still have beach football its very big part in youth football and street football is also a big part of kids life just letting them find a level and enjoying the game and no pressure just fun i think that's missing from the youth setup in england its big business and money that can not be right for kids to get involved in at a early age

Is that the same Brazil where they third party own the young players?

Is that the same Brazil where they third party own the young players?

it is and i don't agree with that but the setup is nothing like it is over in england at the moment with the top clubs some parents are always going to see the money and in a way we are only at the start of this thing with kids of 5 or 6 signing for clubs in 10 years time we will revisit the level of success and then we can say it was right or wrong for football but i have a feeling it will be worst then we all think at this time

in 10 to 20 years time football will have to have a revamp to save the game in england its only going one way (down hill) from the peak its at now
money will only kill the game faster then youth not coming through the clubs want instant success more and more modern life demands the here and now clubs can only win so much things each season and the 3 silverware available to clubs and top 4 place does not go into 8 clubs somebody going to miss out each season then the whole circle starts again manager gets the sack players move on

The article says not since Andy Hunchcliffe in 1989 has a local lad scored for us in the Derby - did I dream Trevor Sinclair's goal then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.