Queues

Are we the only club doing this? Not hearing about any issues elsewhere.

Seems ridiculous to me. I have been searched every time for the last few games, and in each occasion it was totally useless. I could have taken anything in. It's just for show and end up wasting 55,000 x 20 minutes. Unless there is a clear risk, and the procedure is effective there's no point doing it
Correct, its ridiculous/useless, its got nothing to do with securityn if it had, they'd be doing it properly.

Are we the only club doing this? Not hearing about any issues elsewhere.

Seems ridiculous to me. I have been searched every time for the last few games, and in each occasion it was totally useless. I could have taken anything in. It's just for show and end up wasting 55,000 x 20 minutes. Unless there is a clear risk, and the procedure is effective there's no point doing it

A colleague at work says they've been doing this at the swamp this season and they have to get there early. Mind you - they like watching the grass grow there!!!

I can rarely get to a night game until just before kick off. The club really needs to do better than "come an hour early". It's just not possible for a lot of us.

And I wouldnt want to spend an hour inside the ground waiting for the match to start even if I could.

I also think it affects our performances too. Monaco game starred slower than it would have with a full house I thought. It takes a bit of the edge out of it with so many empty seats (obviously that ended well gladly)

Absolutely agree. I was in for KO of the Monaco game, but it was startling how empty it was, then you start to see them pouring into the 3rd tier of the SS after 10 mins or so, presumably when they sack off the searches. Definitely affects the atmosphere.

Also gives the press wankers ammo, I watched the game back and they were staggered that we hadn't sold out...no mention of the queues outside because they are oblivious.

Given that Huddersfield have the entire top tier tonight and the crowd will be nowhere near 54k it will be interesting to see whether there are problems tonight. My guess is that the attendance will be given out as somewhere around 40k so in theory queues shouldn't build up should they?

Correct, its ridiculous/useless, its got nothing to do with securityn if it had, they'd be doing it properly.

Gotta have a little sympathy mate. If everyone was searched properly a la rock gig or club (when they do it properly) then the crowd just wouldn't get in, end of story. So what do you do? put on a big show in the hope of firstly putting off amateurs and secondly finding something fairly obvious.

Not doing it isn't really an option these days - a football ground is going to get hit at some point.

Its pointless. A load of people queuing outside is a terrorist target also. If they extended the searches to before you enter the grounds of the stadium then the queue there would also be a terrorist target. Theres not much you can do about it.
The bombers at the stade de france blew themselves up outside the stadium, not inside.

Also on every occasion they have abandoned the searches at the end to get people in.

Which renders the whole process redundant. If you want to blow up the stadium simply arrive late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.