Danny Murphy's man of the match!

It was all completely intentional.

Pre match, they interviewed Pep and then proceeded to mock him as "typically grumpy" and being a bad interviewee.

They purposely cut him off post match. The BBC are being smart arsed ****s.

If you want to do something about it, next time you see one of their pundits skulking around the Etihad, slap em.

I don't believe for a second that he chose it himself. The interview with Billing getting handed the MOTM award might as well have been prerecorded before kick-off. The BBC had already chosen him.

Sometimes I think this victim complex goes to far.

As previous posters have said Billing is a young lad who had an excellent 1st half. It will mean a lot to him. I'm sure Kun couldn't care less!

Nothing Anti-City about Murphys decision. Just giving it to a lad who stood out (in his old position) for a poor side.
Totally agree. Does it really fkin matter guys, it,s yet another negative thread and this place is getting boring with it .. cmon blues be happy

I don't think it was so much a laughable, anti-City decision, as a desperate attempt to patronise the underdog, not dissimilar to Sutton v Arsenal last week.

Yeah, the BBC are still reeling over the fact that Sutton didn't get the replay and that would have been last night's match and as far as the BBC were concerned Huddersfield were to fuck off, and we would have been playing on Tuesday, with ne'er a TV camera anywhere near. The BBC got fucked over with the Arse win and took it out on us!

But what sticks in my craw is another £2-50 a year on a licence when it's pissed up the wall on morons like Murphy - semi-literate, semi-articulate with probably ne'er a CSE to his name, but he wore the mighty Dipper shirt at one point so he's an expert! The BBC have probably pissed off more real fans with their brand of shit than the manager of the local sewage works.

Totally agree. Does it really fkin matter guys, it,s yet another negative thread and this place is getting boring with it .. cmon blues be happy
It's a talking point. Not sure how you equate people being a bit surprised that a player who lost 5-1 and came off after an hour was named MOTM to being unhappy? I'm pretty fucking pleased at our performances in recent weeks.

The motm award wasn't even the worst part of last nights coverage. Think I saw more of the Huddersfield manager sat in the stand than I did any of the action. Then the constant reminder that this was Huddersfield's second string because they have a much more important game at the weekend.

This from the same team that accused us of destroying the competition because we decided to play a weakened team last year several days before a champions league game.

Eggfuckinzackly.
Six goals, £15 tickets, good atmosphere, no injuries and into the last 8 of the cup. All on national telly for all too see as well.

Felt sorry for Sinclair trying to be positive then having Kilbane butt in with his unadulterated pish, the grimace on Trev's face said it all and you could see he was forcing himself not to roll his eyes or give him a slap.

It's not a matter of negativity or unhappiness - it's just something that really cannot be explained. MotM, unless a player has scored a double hat trick and then been carried off, should be awarded to someone who has completed the entire match, near enough, and not just two thirds of it. How did the lad 'influence' the game? He didn't. How many times did he bamboozle our players? He didn't! Another inexplicable, pick any number or any name, from the moron's moron!

A consolation and a crumb of comfort for a side that contributed a lot to an entertaining tie.

It will mean far more to Billing than to any of the City lads.
This, you have to respect Huddersfield for actually coming to the Etihad and giving it a go, that's more than you can say for teams like Middlesborough, for instance.

Billing had a good game, looks like he could potentially be an excellent player, MOTM? No. But i have no problems with giving it to the kid in an FA cup replay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.